Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Games Art

Options
  • 26-04-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any experience of Art in the Community Games national finals?
    My daughter has qualified, and I am just trying to see if I can give her some idea of what to expect.
    Her big anxiety is that they are given a choice of four subjects on a Community Games theme. Anyone know what type of topics they are given? Are they specific events, or more general themes?
    I am enquiring with the Community Games organisation locally also, but any other experiences would be much apreciated.

Thank You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 car01

Hi, my daughter was in this in U8 section last year. They were given four choices - cant rem what they were (I think hurdles, art, maybe swimming and something else) but they were pretty specific. She'll be in for a couple of hours - however she can come out a bit early if she's finished and if you are outside for her. Bring plenty of colours, erasor, pencil parer (and I think paper - I can't remember if they supplied this) and maybe a drink for herself.
    In Mosney, when they were finished, we had to wait around for about an hour for judging, then the winners pics were put up in the window. If you won (we didnt) you stay around for medal ceremony.
    Best of luck

Advertisement