Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im aiming for a D3 in art!

Options
  • 19-04-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Hey, I know this is very retarded, but I would like to get a d3 in art or a little higher, I've signed myself up for the test around 4 weeks ago, as a late entree, can someone help me a lil bit? anyone with an e-mail I could chat to about Art and such.. I read the revision book, but I think what im lacking is the interaction thing folks get from class.. so anyone who can help, please do!

<snip>

Love you all. :D

- 40 points picking up art as a 8th subject would help a fair amount with points. as i've 3 higher excluding art :( sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    - 40 points picking up art as a 8th subject would help a fair amount with points. as i've 3 higher excluding art :( sorry

that makes no sense your points are made up of 6 subjects regardless of how many subjects you've taken.

The leaving art exam is divided up into several exams, the art practicals should be coming up soon and they cover areas like life drawing, something you can't cram for with a revision book.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I know how the points system works...

I have 3 highers, this 4th, would replace my c2 in irish (probably) which would help me bucketloads, as i'd stuggle to get that c2 in irish tbh.

I know how to draw and have done this for the Jr cert. I know different levels etc, but I am creative. So I think i can handle it, just the art history worries me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,069 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Need a bit more info, tbh.

Been a while since I did the leaving and the exam format has probably changed. I assume we're still talking essay questions. Are you looking for resources with specific movements or artists, or just how to go about critiqueing a work?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement