Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Tickets

Options
  • 16-04-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

TICKETS for the 2009 Skybet World Grand Prix will go on sale Monday April 20, exclusively to annual subscribers to PDCtv.

Not an Annual Subscriber to PDCtv? Click here to sign up now to qualify

The annual double-start event at Dublin's Citywest Hotel will take place from October 5-11, with seven days of action featuring 32 stars.

The 2009 tournament sees prize money increased to £350,000, with Phil Taylor defending the title he won last October with victory over Raymond van Barneveld in the final.

Monday and Tuesday will see the first round split across two sessions, with the second round played on Wednesday and Thursday.

Friday night will feature the four quarter-finals, with the semi-finals taking place on Saturday and the final on Sunday.

Tickets will go on sale exclusively to annual subscribers to PDCtv on Monday April 20, until close of business on Friday April 24.
    Annual Subscribers must have an active subscription at midnight on Thursday April 16 to qualify to purchase tickets during the pre-sale period.

Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to qualify for SkyBet World Grand Prix tickets - sign up to a PDCtv Annual Pass now!

The remaining tickets will then go on general sale on Monday April 27.

Tickets, including Season Tickets, will be limited to eight per person per session and may be subject to a booking fee.

Details of how to purchase tickets will appear here in due course.

2009 Skybet World Grand Prix
    Monday October 5 (6pm-12am)
    First Round x8
    Tickets: €15

Tuesday October 6 (6pm-12am)
    First Round x8

Wednesday October 7 (7pm-12am)
    Second Round x4

Thursday October 8 (7pm-12am)
    Second Round x4
    Tickets: €30

Friday October 9 (6pm-12am)
    Quarter-Finals
    Tickets: €35

Saturday October 10 (7pm-11pm)
    Semi-Finals
    Tickets: €40

Sunday October 11 (7pm-10pm)
    Final
    Tickets: €45

Season Tickets: €150

Tournament Format:
    First Round: Best of three sets
    Second Round: Best of five sets
    Quarter-Finals: Best of seven sets
    Semi-Finals: Best of nine sets
    Final: Best of 11 sets
    All sets are the best of five legs, and a player must hit a double before they can begin scoring in any leg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I might go the Monday and Tuesday (as money is tight)! Roll on the 27th so I can get a few tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I think i'll go the wednesday

ive just bought Darts Tv, dont ask me why, im sure its not worth the 20 quid but i'll be getting mine monday ;)

I think i'll go the wednesday

ive just bought Darts Tv, dont ask me why, im sure its not worth the 20 quid but i'll be getting mine monday ;)

20 quid sounds good, I might join up myself!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I always go the Quarter Finals, best value if you ask me because you usually got 4 good matches and they are longer format.

If you go to the first 3 nights its the same price as the final! I find that great value! Might be an option!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Been to the Semi Finals the last 2yrs . Good night out .Although seats were terrible even though i booked as soon as they were released to the public last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

we went to the semis last year. the two matches were a bit one-sided both 5-0.
    but it was a good night. we were sitting dead on half way still a good bit from the stage tho.
    I'm heading to the thursday this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

Might head up to the Quarters because I will be up in Dublin for the Ireland v Italy game the following day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SRFC Ultras

Declan30 wrote: »
    Been to the Semi Finals the last 2yrs . Good night out .Although seats were terrible even though i booked as soon as they were released to the public last year.

Same thing happened to me last year for the QF and the SF. I wrote to the PDC this morning before I parted with my money. Quick enough reply as well. I ended up getting a couple of season tickets anyway seen as I only live a few mins drive from the place nowadays

Thanks for your email.

We have reviewed the method of selling tickets for the Skybet World
    Grand Prix since last year's event. The tables in the front block will
    be for Season Tickets, and standard tickets are then sold from the front
    backwards with the best available seats the first to be sold.

Kind regards

David Allen
    PDC

Well ive sent off the Email to try book some tickets, booking them tomorrow should ensure i get awesome seats as i'll be getting them before general sale if the above text is true :D

• Advertisement

I will try and book as early as i can next week and hopefully get good seats this time.
    Tks for the update appericate it.

ive 8 booked courtesy of being a PDC TV Subscriber

Did anyone order any tickets today? I'm waiting until wednesday or thursday to book my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah i ordered tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday this morning.

Actually is it the earlier you get there the closer to the stage you'll be or is the seating reserved or numbered or anything?

Re-edit, just saw in this thread seating is reserved. I was on the phone at 8.50am today booking mine, presume that means my seats should be pretty ok then....??!!

I will be ringing tomorrow to book for sat night or the final.
    Hope I get better seats than last yrs.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

just booked tickets for the Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

just wondering did anybody else hear that the season tickets are already sold out :eek:

pad180 wrote: »
    just wondering did anybody else hear that the season tickets are already sold out :eek:

They sure are!

Hope they still have tickets for the Friday night!

For those of you (including myself) who have not gone before this might be handy;

http://www.citywesthotel.com/location/map.aspx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ratinakeg wrote: »
    They sure are!

Hope they still have tickets for the Friday night!

Got my tickets for the Friday night this morning so they are still available.

• Advertisement

I've also booked 3 tickets for the friday night:D!

Boards.ie meet up on the Friday night?

Kingp35 wrote: »

Do I have to dress up as a rat?;):D

and be in a keg, yes

also damn you friday goers!!

Do I have to dress up as a rat?;):D

I thought you already looked like a rat? :)

LOL:D:D:D!

Sorry I'm afraid to look in the mirror!;):eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Kingp35 wrote: »

Am soooooooooo Jealous :( .

If ye guys are meetin up on the Friday night,I would give my left B*****K to be there :(:(:(:)

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Am soooooooooo Jealous :( .

If ye guys are meetin up on the Friday night,I would give my left B*****K to be there :(:(:(:)

Will you be away Daffy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Will you be away Daffy?

No mate , Its a case of not havin the readies to be there :(:(
    No mon no fun as they say

• Advertisement

Daffy501 wrote: »
    No mate , Its a case of not havin the readies to be there :(:(
    No mon no fun as they say

I'm in the same boat myself!:( Somehow I managed to get €35 euro together! Hopefully you get a few bob together over the few weeks, more the merrier as they say!

Advertisement