Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Découpage on furniture

Options
  • 16-04-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I've not posted here before but I am after some advice hopefully. I've started refurbishing a chair which I bought for £2 yesterday. I've sanded it all down and am on my 2nd coat of a gorgeous 'jacobean walnut' woodstain. Once that's done, I want to découpage some images onto the back of the chair and I'm wondering can anyone share any advice before I start? Did you have any problems/issues with all the varnish etc? Any products for sticking that you'd recommend to use or stay clear of (I'm buying my materials today). I've never done découpage before so I am slightly nervous! :eek:

Any help appreciated and hope everyone's well x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Try to use all in one official decoupage glue and varnish. It really is very easy and looks great. I have done decoupage on a lot of furniture and its a great way to jazz up old stuff.

I use decopatch glue and either decopatch paper or decoupage paper that my local shop gets from italy. I rarely use household varnish as it leaves a yellow hue. I did use it on an old white seating unit to give it an aged finish but it was difficult keeping it subtle. I have also used plaid glue/ varnish and make me glue / varnish and they were both fine

http://www.decopatch.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrsmaths

Thanks so much for all the advice :)

Advertisement