Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Spanish

Options
  • 15-04-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I'm doing LC spanish this year and i really enjoy it!

If anyone else is doing it let me know we might practise a bit on Msn or somethin....i know the orlas are over but we still have the actual exam:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I'll help if you want. I'm not doing Spanish for the LC (French FTW :D) but I'm Spanish. PM me for msn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Hola, igualmente estudio el espanol para el Leaving Cert y me gusta mucho el idioma. Tambien quiero estudiarlo en la universidad..... si quieres puedes darme tu msn para charlar en esta lengua de puta madre.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

May I join?? Really need the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Hey.....exam next week how u fixed for it? I'd say its going to be impossible:(

I thought i was ok at spanish but now its all fallen out of my head!! Urg! Im so bad at the aural! Any hints/tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Jammyc wrote: »
    I thought i was ok at spanish but now its all fallen out of my head!! Urg! Im so bad at the aural! Any hints/tips?

If possible, just try not to think in English and then translate it word by word into Spanish... And don't complicate the sentences too much... Simple sentences that are correct are much better than complicated structures used incorrectly...

But I don't think it's anything you wouldn't know yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Ok. Don't panic! These are the suggestions my teacher has stressed to me in preparation for the Spanish exam.
    In terms of the aural just keep playing the cd or finish the last chapters of vamos a escuchar if you have it. Weather always comes up so revise the vocab.

Written: Journalistic, Read the text and write points on what is actually said on the side of the page of the text in the paragraphs in English. You do not need to understand every word but if you don't understand something try to understand the sentence from its context.

Small comprehensions are straightforward, not too much of a word.

After this I would tackle the dialogue (what I'm doing)
    Learn basic idioms.. me cuesta mucho, tengo ganas de, me da cuenta
    You do not necessarily need to translate what is said literally.

The Note (What i'm doing)
    Take your time, Cover each point as best as you can, Try to bring Spanish culture in eg. Most Spanish towns have a plaza de espana, El corte ingles hypermarket, Telepizza (Spanish Dominos). You can try to use your oral notes in this.. particularly the roleplays if you can manipulate well.

Section B: Follow same technique.. try to translate paragraph from paragraph and writes points (few words) of summary for each paragraph... and answer questions.. be careful with Explications of Spanish equivalents and take your time.

Opinion: Do a plan, state your side of opinion and say in 1 paragraph how it affects society/life today, No estoy de acuerdo con esta afirmacion que... Es corriente que se escuche este problema en la sociedad irlandesa. then write a paragraph on how it affects you (ex: climate change, Personalmente tengo 18 anos y como estudiante de bachillerato o sea el "Leaving Cert" tengo muchas hojas por todo mi dormitorio. Porque estan hecho de papel intento a reciclarlas cuando pueda. Por eso como se puede decir que los irlandeses no se dan cuenta de la gravedad de este problema-LC 2008) (Sorry if my Spanish is very complicated.. that's just my writing style. It does not need to be this way to get a high grade)

Then balance your opinion state what one might say LC 2008 Es correcto decir que en Irlanda no hay una gran consciencia sobre los malos efectos del cambio climatico.. pero en realidad somos seres humanos y la vida para nosotros consiste en tantas cosas. Muchos piensan de otros asuntos como la familia, la profesion y por encima de todo (above all) el tigre celta. Mucha gente se preocupa del desempleo, de la crisis economica y pues en realidad hay algunos que pueden olvidar, a menudo, este problema global.

Then state some solutions in the final paragraph again in LC 2008 you could say.. pues a lo mejor hace falta que el gobierno eduque a todos de los inconvenientes de este problema global... Then again with something like. Espero con toda mi corazon que este problema resuelve para el futuro de las proximas generaciones de personas en la Tierra.

In short you probably know more than you think.. just keep going over everything and you will be fine. Also Try to look over aspects of Spanish culture, such as the Spanish Royal Family (The queen was on the tape last year), Look over A spanish map of different cities and the different festivals or 'fiestas' i.e. la tomatina, carnaval celebrated in Spain. Knowing about the Spanair crash in aug, the train bombing in Madrid, problem with immigration. Many moroccans try to flee to Spain for a better life.
    Hope that was some help. :)
    Good luck! Buena Suerte!

djcervi wrote: »
    Ok. Don't panic! These are the suggestions my teacher has stressed to me in preparation for the Spanish exam.
    In terms of the aural just keep playing the cd or finish the last chapters of vamos a escuchar if you have it. Weather always comes up so revise the vocab.

Written: Journalistic, Read the text and write points on what is actually said on the side of the page of the text in the paragraphs in English. You do not need to understand every word but if you don't understand something try to understand the sentence from its context.

Small comprehensions are straightforward, not too much of a word.

After this I would tackle the dialogue (what I'm doing)
    Learn basic idioms.. me cuesta mucho, tengo ganas de, me da cuenta
    You do not necessarily need to translate what is said literally.

The Note (What i'm doing)
    Take your time, Cover each point as best as you can, Try to bring Spanish culture in eg. Most Spanish towns have a plaza de espana, El corte ingles hypermarket, Telepizza (Spanish Dominos). You can try to use your oral notes in this.. particularly the roleplays if you can manipulate well.

Section B: Follow same technique.. try to translate paragraph from paragraph and writes points (few words) of summary for each paragraph... and answer questions.. be careful with Explications of Spanish equivalents and take your time.

Opinion: Do a plan, state your side of opinion and say in 1 paragraph how it affects society/life today, No estoy de acuerdo con esta afirmacion que... Es corriente que se escuche este problema en la sociedad irlandesa. then write a paragraph on how it affects you (ex: climate change, Personalmente tengo 18 anos y como estudiante de bachillerato o sea el "Leaving Cert" tengo muchas hojas por todo mi dormitorio. Porque estan hecho de papel intento a reciclarlas cuando pueda. Por eso como se puede decir que los irlandeses no se dan cuenta de la gravedad de este problema-LC 2008) (Sorry if my Spanish is very complicated.. that's just my writing style. It does not need to be this way to get a high grade)

Then balance your opinion state what one might say LC 2008 Es correcto decir que en Irlanda no hay una gran consciencia sobre los malos efectos del cambio climatico.. pero en realidad somos seres humanos y la vida para nosotros consiste en tantas cosas. Muchos piensan de otros asuntos como la familia, la profesion y por encima de todo (above all) el tigre celta. Mucha gente se preocupa del desempleo, de la crisis economica y pues en realidad hay algunos que pueden olvidar, a menudo, este problema global.

Then state some solutions in the final paragraph again in LC 2008 you could say.. pues a lo mejor hace falta que el gobierno eduque a todos de los inconvenientes de este problema global... Then again with something like. Espero con toda mi corazon que este problema resuelve para el futuro de las proximas generaciones de personas en la Tierra.

In short you probably know more than you think.. just keep going over everything and you will be fine. Also Try to look over aspects of Spanish culture, such as the Spanish Royal Family (The queen was on the tape last year), Look over A spanish map of different cities and the different festivals or 'fiestas' i.e. la tomatina, carnaval celebrated in Spain. Knowing about the Spanair crash in aug, the train bombing in Madrid, problem with immigration. Many moroccans try to flee to Spain for a better life.
    Hope that was some help. :)
    Good luck! Buena Suerte!
    Thank you very very much.
    Very helpful & insightful!

Advertisement