Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession friendly curtain fabrics

Options
  • 14-04-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi there,

While buying blackout lining for curtains over the weekend I noticed a big difference in price in two shops in Cork which I'm sure is reflected all over the country.

I paid €8.95 per meter in Hickeys for the blackout lining. I was also looking for some lining tape which they were out of at the time and the woman told me to try Michael Guineys. Went there to buy the tape and just out of curiosity I asked how much the blackout lining was - it was €3.99 per meter! I told her how much I had paid in Hickeys and she said that they get theirs from the same factory so it's exactly the same material. (The lining tape was cheaper too by the way)

I couldn't believe the difference. Just goes to show it pays to shop arround.

So just thought I'd share the tip for the rest of ye - I know where I'll be going in future!!

Advertisement