Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Bar across from Market Bar (Snail)

Options
  • 13-04-2009 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the name of the late bar across the road from The Market Bar off Georges Street?

It just has a snail sign above the entrance. I'm looking for a phone number for there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Found it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it's actually called the bar with no name/ Numbr 3 fade street. think hogans own it, so call there or the l'gueuleton place to get the number I guess.

http://www.ratemyarea.com/places/3-fade-street-20528

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've heard a lot of people calling it 'The Secret Pub' which is ridiculous when they're shouting it down the phone in a huge crowd of people. It ain't secret no more darling!

Its actual name is Pinty's. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It just has a snail sign above the entrance
    Just wondering - is this it ?

CIMG5089.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yep, as pictured in my link.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yeah that's it WBA.
    Smart boozer. A lot of stockbroker types in the evening though. I was charged 4.80 for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

copacetic wrote: »
    yep, as pictured in my link.
    Apologies copacetic - I didn't click on your link!

I have thousands of Dublin pics and regularly take ones which I later fail to indentify. That was one of them. At least I now know where it is! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

If I can add my two?

Load of pretentous gits go here. Media types and stockbrokers as was mentioned. The one time I was there (so can make an assessment) it was packed. It did get quiet around midnight (this was on a Friday).

But I'd say go to experience the place at least once and never go back again. Leave it to the snobs.

Heres another review of the place...

http://www.qype.ie/place/476655-3-fade-Street-Dublin

Also, http://www.inyourpocket.com/ireland/dublin/Dublin_Pubs_Bars_Clubs/Late_bars/venue/45875-Number_3_Fade_Street.html

Any review that mentions the word "uber", thrown off the list immediately! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I prefer the My Little Piebald review here (scroll to the bottom of the page)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I prefer the My Little Piebald review here (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Thank you sir, for the chuckle you have given me. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement