Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All you ever wanted to know about pork/bacon

Options
  • 07-04-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Baconcyclopedia.

Warning: contains recipes and a somewhat American bias.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I met with a cousin of mine for lunch today. She said she was going to make lunch. happy days. A nice little sanger with cheese and tomato was all I was expecting. no. I got sausage sangers. I couldn't say no after the effort she put in. So I ate them :eek: and I shocked myself because I absolutley LOVED them! :eek: I've been missing out for sooooo long! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ChewChew wrote: »
    I met with a cousin of mine for lunch today. She said she was going to make lunch. happy days. A nice little sanger with cheese and tomato was all I was expecting. no. I got sausage sangers. I couldn't say no after the effort she put in. So I ate them :eek: and I shocked myself because I absolutley LOVED them! :eek: I've been missing out for sooooo long! :o

:eek: How have you not had a sausy sambo before???? That's shocking chewie, shocking!! I had a rasher and sausy sambo for lunch, nyom :D:D

Cathooo wrote: »
    :eek: How have you not had a sausy sambo before???? That's shocking chewie, shocking!! I had a rasher and sausy sambo for lunch, nyom :D:D
    Cath i know, :o I dont do rashers or sausages or eggs or anything weird like that! lol. Infact, I dont do fries. EVER. I'm the one that sits at a table and orders a bowl of corn flakes when everyone else order the big fry up. lol. :o

Cath i know, :o I dont do rashers or sausages or eggs or anything weird like that! lol. Infact, I dont do fries. EVER. I'm the one that sits at a table and orders a bowl of corn flakes when everyone else order the big fry up. lol. :o

:eek: :D

At least you're joining the dark side now \o/ it's not too late chewchew, embrace the fry!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I had such high hopes for you too.

Ah well, Cath and Janey know their food so all is not lost.

• Advertisement

:eek: :D

At least you're joining the dark side now \o/ it's not too late chewchew, embrace the fry!
    I've gone as far as having a sausage. Dont push it :P plus if someone put a runny fried egg in front of me I would surely vommit. oh god the thoughts of it.
    smashey wrote: »
    I had such high hopes for you too.

Ah well, Cath and Janey know their food so all is not lost.
    look here. Some thing's are just wrong. fact. Now give me a nice rare sirloin and I'm super happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

A wimmins who is fan of rare steak?! That's the job! An aversion to runny eggs and only a budding interest in the wonders of bacon can surely be waved for this! :D

I've gone as far as having a sausage. Dont push it :P plus if someone put a runny fried egg in front of me I would surely vommit. oh god the thoughts of it.
    :eek:

You don't like runny eggs either. There is nothing finer than a bacon and egg sandwich where the egg is runny and the yolk dribbles down and congeals on your chin. :cool:

Don1 wrote: »
    An aversion to runny eggs and only a budding interest in the wonders of bacon can surely be waved for this! :D
    Nevurrrrrrrr

smashey wrote: »
    :eek:

You don't like runny eggs either. There is nothing finer than a bacon and egg sandwich where the egg is runny and the yolk dribbles down and congeals on your chin. :cool:

that is the most disgusting thing I have ever read.

Eggs should only be scrambled. And I mean scrambled to death! rubber if needs be.

I did say I dont like fries! :o

• Advertisement

A wimmins who is fan of rare steak?! That's the job! An aversion to runny eggs and only a budding interest in the wonders of bacon can surely be waved for this! :D
    I loves steak. Gimme steak over chicken any day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had the best rasher sandwich today. After my weekend of no pork it was the best thing ever.

Sweet. Promote this wimmins!
    Feck, starving now! :(

Only up out of bed four hours and craving meal three! :D

Sweet. Promote this wimmins!
    Feck, starving now! :(

Only up out of bed four hours and craving meal three! :D
    a steak baguette with fried mushrooms and onions. . . NYOM! :P

that is the most disgusting thing I have ever read.

Eggs should only be scrambled. And I mean scrambled to death! rubber if needs be.

I did say I dont like fries! :o

I'm not the biggest chip fan either but a runny egg is lovely :D dip your bread stacked with a bit of rasher, sausy and white pudding into it *large nyom* I like to stack :D

a steak baguette with fried mushrooms and onions. . . NYOM! :P

Oh God I want.

I'm not the biggest chip fan either but a runny egg is lovely :D dip your bread stacked with a bit of rasher, sausy and white pudding into it *large nyom* I like to stack :D
    I used to think you were such a lovely, lovely girl. . . .

:P

I used to think you were such a lovely, lovely girl. . . .

:P

I wouldn't win the lovely girls competition when I tuck into a fry, mega nyom ;) bit of a savage!

Here you go Chewie! You can have wedges or baked spud instead of the chips.

I've posted this before elsewhere but think its worthy of another mention!

Edit: notice, untouched salad! :D

Here you go Chewie! You can have wedges or baked spud instead of the chips.

I've posted this before elsewhere but think its worthy of another mention!

Edit: notice, untouched salad! :D
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ya hoor! That looks fekkin savage!!

NYOM!!

:D

Now thats what I'm talking about! and get rid of the salad and replace with. . . . moar steak! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Fe*k - I'm hungry now and have nothing but the 'orrible work canteen to look forward to.

Order Pizza, unless you work in a barracks in the north........... if that's too bad I'll remove it!

Fe*k - I'm hungry now and have nothing but the 'orrible work canteen to look forward to.

I'm making creole chicken nachos. Will I drop some down to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

how are making them, they sound yum. Trying to decide what to have for tea, superquinn sausie sambo or rasher :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

janeybabe wrote: »
    I'm making creole chicken nachos. Will I drop some down to you?

All the way to Ballincollig? Sweet.....

I'm stuck with the work canteen again today so I'm still jealous. :(

All the way to Ballincollig? Sweet.....

I'm stuck with the work canteen again today so I'm still jealous. :(

Meh it's only 20 minutes away. I'll be there in awhile. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

This recession has really made a platform for the morons out there with time on their hands.

I mean, WHY?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

This recession has really made a platform for the morons out there with time on their hands.

I mean, WHY?:confused:

Well, doh.....in case you find yourself locked in a safe with only a few packets of prociutto and a box of matches to plan your escape. Proper Macgyver stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

First of all Chewie welcome to normality BGRH style*. You have now officially been seduced by the sausage :D

Your next mission should you choose to accept it is to have rasher sambo. You know what they look like since you've made some. Try one and realise what the brothers are drooli talking about.
    Don't doubt the power of the rasher. A mate of mine was a veggie for 10 years :eek: until he went to Germany for a holiday. Someone beside him on the flight over had the full Irish so he thought why not and had the same. he hasn't been the same since. Think BGRH on (pork) steroids :D

Anyway enjoy you're next sausage sambo and next time you're in here the kitchen is thataway
    > Turn left at the packet of buttons that Smashey hides on the top shelf for when he wants to comfort eat** :D

*we'll get you onto the runny eggs to dip your toast and stuff in later :P

** May not actually be true, but hey

Advertisement