Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use oil to turn a candle into a scented one?

Options
  • 06-04-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

please feel free to move this thread into a more appropriate forum.

I am selling a special type of candle which is not manufactured scented unfortunately. Now I got the advise to put a few drops of scented oil into the wax while burning to be able to scent it - basically you could use another smell everytime you use it which would be great.

Is this safe is now my question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't know, depends on the oil I guess.
    Try it out, just be vary of splatter.

Is this something that you plan to sell if it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cathy34

You see I am not sure - the candle I am selling is very unique and popular but it would sell even better in Ireland if it would be scented - customers are crazy for scent :D

I just thought as I have a large selection of oils for oilburner also I could combine it somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps by mixing wax and scent into a pot and dipping the candles into that?
    You'd get a layer of scent around the original candle.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Magnus wrote: »
    Perhaps by mixing wax and scent into a pot and dipping the candles into that?
    You'd get a layer of scent around the original candle.

When the outer layer of wax dries, its going to chip/fall off very easily i'd imagine. I think to do this properly you'd have to melt and remould the candles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,076 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Why not jsut get an oil burner and place a small candle underneath....?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cathy34

I can't remould the candles unfortunately but I spoke to one customer this morning who has tried to put scented oil into a candle to get a scent and she says it works - will try it at home just to be sure

Could be a great selling point for both products together

Advertisement