Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your idea of "good art"

Options
  • 04-04-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Any opinions?
    Dept of field, details? or would it be simple but eye catching beauty? minimalist? realism? cartoonism? Iconoclism?

ShOUT!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Any opinions?
    Dept of field, details? or would it be simple but eye catching beauty? minimalist? realism? cartoonism? Iconoclism?

ShOUT!

Excellent question, as it's pulling me out of lurking on here :D
    I have quite a few opinions on what is and is not art. The best measure of 'goodness' I can suggest is that it has to be at least visually interesting. It needs to provoke some sort or appreciation or reaction and interact with the viewer. A favourite quote of mine goes along the lines of
    The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is life, and hold it fixed so that 100 years later a stranger will see it and it will move again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stavstavstav

Playboy AMIRITE!?!?

shOUT

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Playboy AMIRITE?!?!

Turns to:
    P MII
    Realy Art Boy?!?!

Pb IRITE
    Lay yo Ma rite?!?!

??
    Yea, Il Tap My boi!!

!!?

Bi are ya To limpy?

.. man Im bored..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stavstavstav

Bi are ya To limpy?

Absolutely not, limpings for weaktights. I Iso-raise and c-bet with a high frequency against limpers all f-cking night and grind out a steady profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Absolutely not, limpings for weaktights. I Iso-raise and c-bet with a high frequency against limpers all f-cking night and grind out a steady profit.

Full Marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

Playboy AMIRITE?!?!

Turns to:
    P MII
    Realy Art Boy?!?!

Pb IRITE
    Lay yo Ma rite?!?!

??
    Yea, Il Tap My boi!!