Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Investigates - Do Gentlemen really prefer blondes?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

As many of the observant brothers will have noticed, teh wimmins come in a variety of flavours these days, blonde, brunette, redhead and not forgetting the Sinead O'Connor look.

So, which do you prefer?

The hot 'n' sexeh blonde, the sultry brunette, the fiery redhead, or the minimalist Sinead O'Connor look?

And more importantly, why?

Feel free to back your argument with examples. ;)

Which do you prefer 87 votes

Blonde - I'm a gentleman
    0% 0 votes
    Brunette - I'm not a gentleman
    20% 18 votes
    Redhead - Some like it hot
    54% 47 votes
    Sinead O'Connor - The minimalist look
    25% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

As long as they can make a good bacon sandwich it doesn't bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Feel free to back your argument with examples. ;)

g'em = blonde = Boards.ie Most Lickable Poster 2008

*shakes booty for added affect*

Oooooohhhh yeeeeaaaaahhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Doesn't bother me as long as it's pretty. Always had a thing for brunettes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

g'em wrote: »
    *shakes booty for added affect*

Pics or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Since I went down the whole "Susannah" route, I can't quite decide what colour to do my hair. Maybe g'em could advise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

susannah wrote: »
    Since I went down the whole "Susannah" route, I can't quite decide what colour to do my hair. Maybe g'em could advise.
    Stay natural darling, but keep the cut smart and preferably shorter - ladies of a certain age can't quite carry off the 'long locks of youth' look particularly well.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

g'em wrote: »
    Stay natural darling, but keep the cut smart and preferably shorter - ladies of a certain age can't quite carry off the 'long locks of youth' look particularly well.
    Thanks g'em, I can't argue with your real life experience. :D

/runs

Ok, the intention of this thread was not to discuss hair colour, more to decide on which hair colour men prefer.

Which is technically discussing hair colour. :eek:

Which is not technically what I had in mind.

*shakes fist at sister susannah*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I went for Brunette.

Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

c'mon the minimalist look!

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    I went for Brunette.

Of course.

Brave man.

Or very silly.

Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Brunette, always brunette

There is no better hair colour on a girl

Obviously there are Hawt wimmins of all hair colours (or shaven heads) but I am always more attracted to Brunettes

Although for some odd reason I generally attract Blondes, the world is a cruel place

Obviously there are Hawt wimmins of all hair colours (or shaven heads) but I am always more attracted to Brunettes

combo win.

combo win.

Cool :D

So. How you Doin' ;)

not so good...

no one's picked the minimalist in the poll yet, and not only is winter coming and my head's gettin increasingly cold, but winter's not here yet and it got sunburnt last sunday! >_<

edit: YESS!!! minimalist - one vote.

well, i can go to bed happy now anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

blonds, they get dirty quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I dunno, a good few guys seems to like red heads (as on some it really is stunning).
    I personally would probably go for a brunette girl (if I swung that way), I go for brunette guys too. Although I have dated a blonde/red and redhead.

star-pants wrote: »
    I dunno, a good few guys seems to like red heads (as on some it really is stunning).

Redheads just don't do it for me.

No, seriously.

not so good...

no one's picked the minimalist in the poll yet, and not only is winter coming and my head's gettin increasingly cold, but winter's not here yet and it got sunburnt last sunday! >_<

edit: YESS!!! minimalist - one vote.

well, i can go to bed happy now anyway :P

Oh dear, poor Crumble

At least you can cover it with a hat in winter and you have the option of growing it back if you like

Something some Brothers don't have a choice about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Redheads just don't do it for me.

No, seriously.

Sure :p

I do like the blonde wimmins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

This is one of those trick questions isn't it, we all know that once you go past the boobs there is nothing of interest :p

Actually it is quite odd as hair for me is probably that I am most attracted too in women and at the moment I am going through a blond period (good quality Irish blonds, none of that crappy eastern European dodgy peroxide hair). But that said a long dark wavy dark hair is the sex and you can't beat a nice red head either. Actually screw this, it's is too hard a choice so I'm going back to sit on the fence

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I would say auburn brunettes, but looking back I've only really fallen for one(though she could have had green hair and still...), the rest were blonde to some degree. Very blonde doesn't do it for me though. Pure red heads? Not yet anyway, but it could happen. Short hair, very short hair can be damned sexy too.

Actually sod all that, brunette looks good tousled and spread across a gentlemans pillow, though since I'm not to be confused with a gentleman, I'm game for anything.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Oh dear, poor Crumble

At least you can cover it with a hat in winter and you have the option of growing it back if you like

Something some Brothers don't have a choice about :)

haha, twas rarely free from the hat in the first place (the burn happened while surfing), and yep, it's growing back nicely, about half a centimetre of growth all over. two dudes who shaved it for me though.... well... one has a true BGRH physique, and the other doesnt have so much a receding hairline, as is just two steps from being bald.

but think it's being kept at a natural colour here on in (although not immune to some bleach/dye/mohawk in case of good gig...), and probossibly dreads later in the year when i can grab a fistful of it and backcomb it.

aaaaaaanyway... personally, i think that dark dark hair, or the right shade of redhead look awesome on women. cropped hair has a lot of potential, but depends on the person, but i love full, long hair in women, bit of a curl, natural... looks gorgeous.

This thread needs pics and examples to back up our points

Will provide evidence when I get home and have proper net access

I have Kate Bekinsdale in mind for pics of hotness no matter what hair length

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

either the "dirty blonde" look or redheads...mmm...that chick from buffy was a hotty..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Redheads just won't do it for me.
    FYP Tom ;) :pac:

Brunettes for me please n thanks!

Brunettes for me please n thanks!

This surprises me.

I really thought blondes would run away with the poll.

Instead, they are just dancing around it.

/gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

picture.php?albumid=162&pictureid=711

that is all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Redheads are so damn hot! But I like blondes and brunettes too. Not the baldies though, not good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's a tough one.

How red is red? Is it a blonde joke? Does the brunette have anything going for her?

Hair colour is irrelevant.

Advertisement