Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Investigates - Politics

Options
  • 26-03-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

In an effort to broaden our horizons here on BGRH, and to prove to the masses we are not shallow, beer-swilling, pork-eating, misogynists, I am opening discussion on a topic that affects our every day lives.

No, not the recession, not Brian Cowen's latest portrait (shudder), but Toireasa Ferris, a member of Sinn Fein. And what has she done to solicit such cherished attention from all of us here on BGRH? Introduced a recession-beating plan of action? Proposed a solution to the banking crisis? Solved world hunger?

No, she was voted no. 7 in a survey of the hottest women in political office. Link to Daily Mail Article here.

And here she is, the little pet.

article-1164890-04182159000005DC-953_196x440.jpg

So, would you?

(vote for her, that is)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Well! She is a shinner so I don't know if she would be my first preference, however I might consider giving her seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I believe a would you "vote" for her or would you not "vote" for her poll should be included.

Very interesting thread, I'm all for broadening our horizons. I would normally try to write something witty now in order to introduce the below image but I have a nasty headache which is making me want to go on a gun totting killing spree so people can feel my pain!:(
    article-1164890-04182179000005DC-502_306x423.jpg
    Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I believe a would you "vote" for her or would you not "vote" for her poll should be included.

This fine country we live in, Mr. Applepie, as you well know, is a democracy. I would include a poll, but I fear it would sway public opinion in the upcoming Local Elections in June. I therefore do not want to be seen to be interfering with the Democratic Process that so many have fought and died for.*

Actually, I spotted this lady signing some Big Serious Document on TV the other evening, and wondered if she would like to run my country:

article-1164890-0418213D000005DC-268_196x440.jpg

Angelic, yet powerful. I still haven't got over the Heidi fetish I had when I was younger. :(

*either that, or it is too late to add a poll to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The_M

From the Reader's Comments:

"I assume that in Italy, politicians of both genders have the right to 'get 'em out' in the spirit of equal opportunities?

Degrading nonsense."

definitely not a Brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If she wasn't a Shinner cnut I would, because she is hot. But given her political Affiliation, I can see her on the throne next to Satan. So no, I wouldn't. And she is a Kerry Girl, you can earn your Brown wings with them!!! Damn, I don't know if I would!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

article-1164890-04182179000005DC-502_306x423.jpg
    Yes please!

Holy hotness batman!

Just noticed she's Russian too.... I have a serious thing for Russian speaking wimmins

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The_M

I do think that the Italian Job in the original article would be a stunning choice for world leader! She has the "obvious attributes"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    *either that, or it is too late to add a poll to this thread.

A mod should know better!
    When in the thread go to Thread tools --> Add a Poll to this thread

article-1164890-04182169000005DC-829_634x426.jpg hmm she posed in a bikini in order to attract people to her city. I wonder where her boundaries lie?

Number one in the list, from Peru, she is:

article-1164890-0416E79D000005DC-831_196x368.jpg

Number 2, staying with Peru, the Minister for Trade and Tourism:

article-1164890-04182145000005DC-228_196x368.jpg

And at number 3, from Mexico's Industrial Revolutionary Party:

article-1164890-04182139000005DC-248_196x368.jpg

She also owns a strip club, apparently. ;)

And way down at number 4,7132:

mary_harney_aaa_00301.jpg

I don't feel too well all of a sudden. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

re Toireasa Ferris
    remember how fast Mary Lou aged
    suppose that's what happens if you sell your soul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ah, young Miss Ferris. She is truly a beauty. And she looks that good in person (possibly better!).

I definitely would.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Women politicians? Wtf?

Try getting a word in there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

One of the lads is off doing charity work in Peru. I'd wondered why he chose there.....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

In an effort to broaden our horizons here on BGRH, and to prove to the masses we are not shallow, beer-swilling, pork-eating, misogynists, I am opening discussion on a topic that affects our every day lives.

No, not the recession, not Brian Cowen's latest portrait (shudder), but Toireasa Ferris, a member of Sinn Fein. And what has she done to solicit such cherished attention from all of us here on BGRH? Introduced a recession-beating plan of action? Proposed a solution to the banking crisis? Solved world hunger?

No, she was voted no. 7 in a survey of the hottest women in political office. Link to Daily Mail Article here.

And here she is, the little pet.

article-1164890-04182159000005DC-953_196x440.jpg

So, would you?

(vote for her, that is)

no, tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

I don't feel too well all of a sudden. :(

neither do I... there was no need for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

As a person who has met this girl in the real world she is hot and great craic so i would vote for her

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

sioda wrote: »
    As a person who has met this girl in the real world she is hot and great craic so i would vote for her
    then again she'd be more likely to cry on your shoulder if she was out of a job ;)

Better still, let the word out that she is an informer, and let her stay at your place until the fuss dies down.

tf.jpg
    Classy:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Any more pron links or picture which are too riské and the thread will be locked and bans handed out.

Sinead Sheppard, who was in Six (yeah... remember them?!?) is running for election for Fine Gael in Cobh Town council & Cork County Council

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sinead Sheppard, who was in Six (yeah... remember them?!?) is running for election for Fine Gael in Cobh Town council & Cork County Council

Yeah and her face is plastered all over her car which is parked down the road from where I work. On a double yellow line.

She has huge......teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Nice save.

[quaint local concerns]Going 'over the bridge' (to Cobh) is becoming slang for visiting a lady of negotiable affection where I live. It's getting so that you wouldn't even want to be seen on the road to Fota.[/quaint local concerns]

Why did talking about politicians put me in mind of that?....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Well folks, that time again with the election posters littering our fair streets. Have you seen any new fair faces of late?
    I see the fair Mags Murray has had a new version of her pic put up. I think she was 12 when it was taken tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sinead Sheppard's posters are blinding me all the way up the road to work. Your one Toireasa whatsherface is hawt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

janeybabe wrote: »
    Sinead Sheppard's posters are blinding me all the way up the road to work. Your one Toireasa whatsherface is hawt though.

Yes, yes she is. She has epic hawtness in her election poster. Great picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I have been traumatised by a Clare Daly poster facing my bedroom window.

Its in B+W does that make it an art hommage to Morticia from the Adams Family

ClareDaly95small.jpg

mortic01.jpg

Aaaaagh! :eek:

Somebody is in need of a bit of lovin'. Or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Aaaaagh! :eek:

Somebody is in need of a bit of lovin'. Or something.

Just when I thought it was safe to go out I was doorstepped by this (or something looking vaguelly like her)

patricia_mckenna1_medium.jpg

Am I being obsessive or have I seen this startled look somewhere before???

3027591740_1e205770e7.jpg?v=1226586706

Zebedee - A Voice People Can Trust link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caIS7eYfpMA

Classic post, there CDfm. :D

Speaking of which, the picture below has been doing the rounds both here on Boards.ie, and on e-mail.

I feel it is my duty, as moderator of this forum to bring to the Brothers attention none other than Emma Kiernan.

That link will, of course, bring you to the Fine Gael Local Elections page.

What that link won't bring you to is this:

oops.jpg

So, Emma, pictured in the middle, is looking for a vote.

Will you give her one?

(extra points for puns and appropriate captions)

feel-a-gael.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Oh Emma, you really are amazingly hot.
    /swoon

Kildare's not that far away, is it?

Advertisement