Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fabrics

Options
  • 26-03-2009 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum.

I'm looking for a shop in Dublin that sells all sorts of fabrics, and preferably at cheap prices. It might sound bizarre but I've been put in charge of decorating our shop window every few weeks and the stuff they have in the stock room is old and grubby and just awful. I need a selection of fabrics that'll help dress the window without having to spend a fortune on props etc. I asked in a local curtain shop but the woman just gave me a funny look and shrugged.

Really appreciate any help

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's a fabric shop besides Pravda at the Hepenny Bridge. Not sure what it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

feylya wrote: »
    There's a fabric shop besides Pravda at the Hepenny Bridge. Not sure what it's called.

You're omnipotent! :eek: Or maybe you're stalking me...

I don't even know where Pravda is :( I know the bridge....but after that....

I'll look it up though, thanks Fey o/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Go across the bridge going towards Henry St. As soon as you cross, the shop is to your left. Really can't miss it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I think there's a place in Powerscourt as well.

Also there's a Hickey's on Henry Street near the Jervis Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WanderlustQueen

There is a Hickeys place on Henry Street, right opposite Debenhams.
    The place beside Pravda is called Woolen Mills and they have some good stuff upstairs. If you go across the hapenny bridge in the direction of the northside its right there, you can't miss it!
    There is another place called Murphy Sheehy that has a massive selection of random fabrics, http://www.murphysheehy.com, when you go through George's Arcade and you get to the other side, its on that sort of pedestrianised bit. You can get nice beads and stuff from Crown Jewels which is next door.
    There is a HUMUNGUS place called TWI on Mountjoy Square, its in one of those massive Georgian houses, number 24 I believe. Its huge!

Hope you get what you're looking for. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement