Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad in maths at night?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

Does such a thing exist?

I'm looking for pure maths. The closest I've come is MSc in Applied maths and theoretical physics at DIT.

Maynooth have great pure maths courses but they're on during the day

Any input appreciated

Thanks

Comments

What about the Open University? You'll have to pay fees (but you'd have to do that anyways for night courses), but you could get tax relief on the cost which'd be something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shmux

Fair play to ye. I was actually thinking of that.

1. Do you get work out of it/can you go on to further study with it or would a potential professor laugh at your masters if its from OU

2. I think they want you to do 1 subject for your first year and only two a year after, thus you'd be 4 years getting a masters !!!!???

Not sure of the answers myself (I'm looking into a course there at the moment) but there's a big thread over in the Distance/Part-time education forum which might have some people who could help.

Advertisement