Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Art Project

Options
  • 25-03-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm doing an art project with kids. Using calico cotton, the kids will create brightly coloured paintings that will all be hung outside for a few days. My problem is what type of paint I should use, ? It needs to be waterproof and child friendly. I've been told acrylics, but they're pretty expensive and I need around 400 paintings. So then I though of using poster paints and varnishing them but apparently this won't work very well. What about emulsions? Or the big tubes of paint you use to paint houses with, would this work?

Thanks for any help you can give...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nosmodias

you could use emulsion but it would be very smelly. if you were using acrylic and needed that much maybe you could get a deal of the supplier? or ask for sponsership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 derek finn

for future reference use poster paints and use acrilic varnish (and cheaper in belfast)

Advertisement