Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying shoes a different colour?

Options
  • 14-03-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Hi. everybody.
    I have bought a lovely dress for a wedding, but can't find nice red shoes/sandals to go with it (even trailed the net!). I bought an expensive pair of shoes 2 years ago which I only wore once, and they would look lovely with this dress - if only they were red not light green! It would be great if I could just paint or dye them, and would save me money since I've had to take a pay cut at work (I'm one of these "horrible" public service workers). Does anybody know if such a service is provided anywhere, or the name of a good dye I could use myself and where I could buy it.
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

little shops that offer shoe repairs do dye shoes, see if there is one locally. You could do it fairly easily yourself with kits by punch or lady esquire. They are available usually in chemists, large supermarkets and some shoe shops.

this is the punch website just so you know what you are looking for..
    http://www.punch.ie/consumer/htm/shoecare/browse_punch.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Torann

depending on the material of the shoes you can get spray dye for shoes, you can do it yourself or get someone at a shoe kiosk that repairs shoes to do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

Mc Cabe's shoe shop in Dublin used to cover shoes with fabric if that's any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lord Vetinari

What fabric are your shoes? I dyed a pair of converse once no problem, but they're just canvas and rubber.

Advertisement