Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i find spanish movies with english subtitles

Options
  • 13-03-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hola!

I am learning spanish and was hoping you fine people could direct me to where i could find spanish movies with english subtittles. Dont know where i can find any. I live in Dublin.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Pans labyrinth shud be in nearby video rental shops - think tht director has some more too?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

magicianz wrote: »
    Pans labyrinth shud be in nearby video rental shops - think tht director has some more too?

ive seen pans labyrinth but im looking for a comprehensive selection. Local video shops will have only a couple if im lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

El Orfanto (is that how you spell it?)or the Orphanage ive see it as both anyway is a super film well worth watching even if you dont know spanish. Its in extravision anyway. Well worth it.
    Bar that your best bet is getting in touch with some spanish teachers there might be some special shops or websites for them.

KOH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

In the instituto Cervantes they usually have cinema nights so you can watch Spanish films.. dunno if that's much help

Have you gone to the IFI in Temple Bar.. usually around easter time there is a Spanish film festival with English subtitles.

Atame Tie me up Tie me down
    jamon, jamon,
    y tu mama tambien,
    Volver
    Los diarios de motobicicleta Motorcycle Diaries
    Todo Sobre mi madre- All about my mother
    Tesis (a lovely twisted horror :eek:)
    ..All these I've watched with English subtitles

Usually anywhere like HMV on grafton street should have some of these under World Cinema.

Buena suerte!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

The Instituto Cervantes has also a library, where you can rent Spanish Movies.
    You can either watch them for free in the library or borrow them if you get a library card (don't know how much this costs at the moment, but the last time I checked it wasn't that expensive)
    Just checked the prices again it's 25 € per your if you are not a student at the Instituto.

• Advertisement
Advertisement