Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my level 7 degree up to level 8...

Options
  • 11-03-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭

I posted this in another forum, didn't get much of a response though because I think I was in the wrong place, anyway...

I have a level 7 ordinary BSc is Computing and I'm looking to get it up to a level 8 degree (I need a level 8 degree to study primary school teaching). The thing is I'd like to do it in a slightly different area of computing to what I did previously, I presume I can do this in one year? I can't seem to see too many courses for a higher degree that are just one year though, they all start from the begining and are four years long. Do one year honours degree courses excist? Could I start in the final year of one of these 4 yr courses, or would I have to go back to the begining because its a slightly different area?
    Sorry, I get so confused with all this kind of stuff, think I'll be visiting my previous college guidence counselor soon but would like to have a bit of info going in.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Here's one in ITB.

Have a look around the Institutes of Technology, they all do this type of course.

Advertisement