Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demonstrating Wage Cut

Options
  • 09-03-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    At the start of the year with the way things are at mthe moment, my dept. decided to cut demonstrating pay by greater than 20. percent I think this is a massive cut considering the work that is done and how important it is.

I was just wondering if any other computer science/any other dept's demonstrators have had wages cut and by how much, afaik, we're the only dept. in Maynooth that took a demonstrators cut?

Not complaining or anything, just curious as to who else it is affecting..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Warmaster

I'm in DCU, we don't get paid at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I don't get paid per-se, but it's an overall condition of my funding. Do you get a stipend as well as demonstrating money? It does suck though, because p/g students aren't exactly a well paid bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

just get a rate for demonstrating hours. There are lads there who ahve to do it as part of their funding alright, but if your funding isnt directly from the university, it means you have the opportunity to do it. Suppose I shouldnt be complaining so! which im not.. of course
    :cool:

Advertisement