Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCSET

Options
  • 07-03-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hey everyone, dont know if this is the right place to be posting this...
    but ive applied for IRCSET funding for a PhD.
    Just wondering if anyone knows how many scholarships are actually given out, as i cant seem to find this information anywhere?
    thanks in advance
    m
    x

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Moved from Graduate forum.
    My advice, contact the funding body directly and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'm in the same boat there as well, applied for IRCSET funding there, no clue of the numbers, but you can take it that they'll be a little bit more tight on the number of grants they give out this year with the economy etc... Have a look on the website for applications from last year and 2007, account for increases in applications due to the economy, increases in emigration of possible-PhD candidates, and you'll have a sort of estimate of grants being given out. I'd say they'll have around the same number as last year as there weren't any specific cuts in infrastructural funding and that's where IRCSET get their funding from.

On another note, has anyone heard anything from the EPA and whether they've put out their calls for research applicants?

Advertisement