Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oatibix -vs- Weetabix

Options
  • 03-03-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows which one is better for you? is it oats like porridge oats??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Lots of sugar in Oatibix. Eat porridge

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is actually not too much sugar in weetabix or oatibix

http://www.weetabix.co.uk/brands/oatibix/oatibix/
    Wholegrain Oats (97%), Malted Barley Extract, Sugar, Salt.

I dunno why they do not advertise this fact more. Many think it is up there with crunchy nut cornflakes. And I bet the average person would think bran flakes are better. Bran flakes are 22% sugar, the oatibix are 3.2%, and some of that will be natural sugars in the oats.

Porridge oats will still be better as they are less processed.

I would go for oatibix before weetabix.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

i've started to eat oatabix as it fills me for longer than weetabix. in weight watchers terms 2 biscuits of oatabix is 2.5 points & 2 weetabix are 2 points so slightly more calories in the oatabix.

i think they are good cerals as 50g of Oats & More with raisins is 3 points & not at all filling! i'm not even going to go there with the other cerals as i think there is far too much sugar in them & they don't fill you up at all. Oatabix wins for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Had my Oat Groats this morning for brekkie for a change from usual jumbo oats. Boiled them up for 20min or so, nice and chewy and filling with even more goodness than normal oats. yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

rubadub wrote: »
    There is actually not too much sugar in weetabix or oatibix

http://www.weetabix.co.uk/brands/oatibix/oatibix/

Hands up, got mixed up with bran flakes:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement