Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a painting/sketching teacher in Galway this Saturday

Options
  • 02-03-2009 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Am organising a hen party for next Saturday in Galway city.
    We would like something fun to do in the day as
    the bride to be loves art and we would love something fun for her to do.

We are looking for a laid-back painting or drawing teacher that would tutor a group of about 10 (beginner) girls to draw/ paint.

The subject to paint would be a nude man. Which would be a surprise to everyone in the group.

If any of you know are teachers that are interested or even art students looking to make a few bucks.
    If you had a venue/easels/ paint etc... all the better. If not, am sure we could come up with something.

I had organised something else, but unfortunately since its pouring rain on Saturday I've to think of something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

this sounds like a really fun idea for a creative hen night!!! i'd be more than interested if i lived in galway.

out of interest - have you got the model lined up?

just thought of something - paper and charcoal and chalks and pastels are much easier to deal with and quicker to work with than paint. get everyone a putty rubber as well and you'll have lots of scope.

and as for cheap paper - if you do go down the charcoal/pastel route then newsprint [from an art supply shop or sometimes newspaper printers will have end of rolls that you can buy for half nothing] or even wallpaper lining paper [a few quid in homebase or b&q] will do the job just as good as ordinary white paper, and it's easier to work the charcoal on.

just make sure there's tiles or wood on the floor that you can hoover any dust straight away and not cream carpet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tellymar

Thanks for the tips Arteyva,
    the charcoal and pastels is a great idea.

Maybe I should change the title to that instead.
    I don't have the model just yet, but I've a fair idea who I can ask to be one, and would do it for the life.

I'm trying to think of a venue, I could use the house we've rented for the weekend (it does have wooden floors) but the owner might get a bit freaked out, to find the place seething with girls and a nude male in the middle.:)

i've sent you a PM, tellymar. let me know how it goes :D

Advertisement