Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeches, Jodhpurs and Irish Tailors

Options
  • 28-02-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

So, I want to get my hands on a pair of breeches, or breech style trousers. You know the type with a flared hip and tight down the rest of the leg/calf. Think along the lines of vintage equestrian wear, or German WWII officer pants. Though with a slightly less dramatic flare on the hips.

The style was sort of popular with designers for women a couple of years ago:

jodhpurs.jpg

jodhpurs.jpg

Queen%2BMichelle%2B3.jpg

and popular in the 30's and 40's:

19168.jpg

2936153254_b8550782c6.jpg?v=0

That sort of thing. High waist, flared hips.

Anyway, I've been looking all over the internet and my brain is starting to spasm, and the best I can find is some sort of equestrian wear websites, but to be honest they look a bit shít and I'd rather try them on before I buy them.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows where one might pick up a pair. Or failing that, would anyone know of a tailor in Dublin that would make them at a reasonable price?

Thanks,
    Karl

Also, I'm a dude.

Advertisement