Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio in Galway

Options
  • 28-02-2009 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey folks,

Firstly, can you get physio in Galway on the medical card(outside the hospital)?

The aches and pains aren't fixin 'emselves and I'm looking for a good physio.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Rinn Mhor Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Clinic , Dublin Road , Renmore
    supposed to be good! personally i dont go in for physio myself, have an excellent chirporactor! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,761 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Don't know about the medical card bit.

But highly recommend Galway City Physio in the Lisbaun estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

dont know about medical card but would rec james o toole sport med west he is back the west am going there now the moment and he is very good he is also the physio for all of nuig s teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

Rinn Mhor Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Clinic , Dublin Road , Renmore
    supposed to be good! personally i dont go in for physio myself, have an excellent chirporactor! :)

I go to Rinn Mhor - Noel Burke is the guy's name. I have been through a lot of physios as I have a chronic medical condition and Noel has changed my whole life. I sound like Dr Phil but I mean it! He is very practical and his rehab programme (for people with injuries and stuff) is absolutely brilliant. I'm like a different person since I started going there and I could not recommend him more highly. If anyone thinks I am working there or anythign PM me and I'll explain who I am and my condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mollie Breathna

I'm looking for a recommendation for a physio/sports injury therapist in Galway city. Ankle/foot/lower leg injury

Who's good and what can you expect to pay? James O'Toole in Sports Med West gets a few ++ but is there much difference in price between a Sports Massage and a Chartered Physio?

Ta!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I would highly recommend Bailey Point in Salthill. There are a few physios in the clinic, the guy that looked after me was excellent. Again, not sure about the medical card bit though,,,,ringing and asking is your only job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

id second the post above on bailey point, excellent treatment and friendly .
    On james o toole wasn't impressed at all with him for a previous injury, got the impression if ur not on a team or one of the lads he couldn't give a ****e ..plus its one small room and he had two other guys in the room getting treatment at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

JustMary wrote: »
    Don't know about the medical card bit.

But highly recommend Galway City Physio in the Lisbaun estate.

+1 I have went to 100s of physios and they are one of the best, Sarah and Roberto especially

For sports massage stuff Adrian Melia is excellent, extremely strong for deep tissue stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭howyanow

been around the block on this sort of thing,bailey point do great work,ferghal geraghty up in salthill devon is very highly rated,used to work with chelsea 1st team so he would be great for sports injuries.he's based in drom but is open for private business.bailey point 091589696,drom number should be on salthilldevon.ie.cant go too far wrong with either.very unlikely you'll get treatment on your medical card outside as the hospital do have they're own physio staff and facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

but is there much difference in price between a Sports Massage and a Chartered Physio?

Don't know about price - but there's a fair bit of difference in training, knowledge and skills! Know which I'd be going for, even if it cost an extra tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Physio4U are very good. Going to Ruth and Emer right now to get my shoulder sorted.

For sports specific injuries I go to Derek King in the Kingfisher in Galway. Excellent guy.

Advertisement