Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for masters in UCD

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Hello, I am thinking of applying for a masters in UCD (Classics). I went to the open day and I was told about the procedure to apply. As a UCD student I can apply online without applying through the postgraduate applications people who do the CAO as well. This applies to all postgrad students in UCD only and applies to all courses. It has been done for at least a year and I am wondering if anyone has applied through it, I looked at it myself, it seems a bit complicated. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

From what I've heard, it's a lot easier than doing it the other/traditional way. I did my undergrad in Trinity and UCD lost my paper application, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I applied online a few weeks ago for a couple of politics masters in UCD. The registration was straightforward enough, one of the sections could have been worded/laid out a bit better though. What part of it is causing the confusion exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

what is the deadline again actuall? is this the same dedline for all masters in ucd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I applied online a few weeks ago for a couple of politics masters in UCD. The registration was straightforward enough, one of the sections could have been worded/laid out a bit better though. What part of it is causing the confusion exactly?

I have not gone onto the mainframe yet but they had a sample registration process that looked complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

what is the deadline again actuall? is this the same dedline for all masters in ucd?
    There's no one deadline, it depends on the department. The "initial" deadline for the politics masters was the 7th of February but that seems to be earliest of any of the departments, from what I can gather anyway.
    I have not gone onto the mainframe yet but they had a sample registration process that looked complicated.
    There really wasn't much to it at all, also you don't have to submit the application in one 'sitting' anyway - you can save your application and go back to it as many times as you want before you submit it, so you don't have to worry about making mistakes etc either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement