Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPSS transformation

Options
  • 24-02-2009 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi!

any help greatly appreciated.
    Im using spss to analyse data. my data is non normal. how do i normalise it in spss? iv been doing it manualy and entering it in each time but its taking too long. any step by step instructions would be great!

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Click on Transform and then Compute Variable. Different transformation options are listed in a box, including Log.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

Hi!

any help greatly appreciated.
    Im using spss to analyse data. my data is non normal. how do i normalise it in spss? iv been doing it manualy and entering it in each time but its taking too long. any step by step instructions would be great!

thanks!

Why do you want to normalize it? If its non-normal, its non-normal? If you want to do a test that requires normality, check that there isnt a non-parametric test that is at least as powerful available....

Advertisement