Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any electrical retailers deliver south

• 20-02-2009 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Looking for kitchen appliances. Washing machine, drier, fridge/freezer. Wondering if any retailer would deliver to Letterkenny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Some do and some don't and the charges from those that do vary wildly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mark1975

dac appliances omagh do free delivery to donegal and can arrange any where in ireland for standard haulage charge most brands stocked 0044 2882 243601

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

i nearly sure Curry's in Derry (Crescent Link) do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You can get stuff from the UK if you are determined and find good prices there.

I bought an AEG dishwasher from:

http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk

Since they offer free UK delivery, I had them deliver it to:

http://transbridgefreight.co.uk/

and they shipped it to me in the midlands. If you bought multiple items from the same seller and did this, you could save a lot over buying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I wanted to bring two washing machines from the UK.

TransBridge Freight quoted me £75 per machine (and didnt specify whether that included VAT or not)

Seems a bit OTT.

Better off by far making a few calls and buying in the north, even if its slightly more expenses. Cheaper to courier down and you dont run the risk of getting them damaged by a freight company in transit(which of course never ever happens).

• Advertisement
Advertisement