Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing invitation envelopes?

Options
  • 20-02-2009 12:48am
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if I should be printing this here or in one of the computer forums, anyhoo I'm doing a quick trial run printing wedding invites. The cards are printing out fine, but when I'm trying to print an envelope the ink is smudging while it's in the printer. I'm not sure if it's because the envelopes are thick (120gsm) but it's printing fine on everything else. Can anyone advise what I should do to stop this happening?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Check the type of paper the envelope is made of, it may not be absorbant enough for the ink. If it has a shiny, or waxy feeling, then it'll smudge.

You can get A4 size sheets of address labels in most stationary shops, eason etc., which have a 12+ labels per page. Make sure you get the ones made specially for inkjets. You should be able to get free label software to suit the sheets, on the net. I know Avery have a free download for their labels.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, there is a slight sheen off it, so I reckon that must be it! Looks like the labels are the way to go! Good idea! Thanks a mil!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Just another idea, why not hand write the envelopes?
    Looking back on the last wedding invites I got and they where all hand written, on the envelopes. Save yourself a bit of expense & hassle, you'll have enough to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Or use a laser printer....

Advertisement