Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best quality setting to burn dvd for projector

Options
  • 19-02-2009 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi. I would really appreciate some help. I have a video which I Edited using Adobe Premier Pro. I captured the footage from Mini dv tape. The capture settings seem to be ok i.e they are set at Dv PAL. I exported my video to Dvd using Adobe Encore and set it to the highest quality settings again. The trouble is that when I Project the dvd from a dvd hooked up to a projector the quality is really really bad. I have tried exporting the video as an uncompressed avi but then I cannot figure out how to burn the dvd so it plays on a loop. Again I have been trying to do this with Adobe Encore.
    Id really appreciate help. I need ot looped and hight quality to show through a projector.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

emm how does the dvd look when you play it in a normal tv (not a laptop or computer). It's pointless exporting it as uncompressed as the originating footage was DV and your project is DV so it ain't gonna get any better than DV.

It's possible that the projector is blowing the picture up so much that it's just gone to s***.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gnarlyone

Hey there,
    Is there s noticable quality loss between you dv-pal source material and your DVD?
    If there is, you need to take a look at your DVD mpeg2 (.m2v) compressions settings. For a good quality DVD you need to look at using a VBR, somewhere in the region of 5.6 - 7.1 Mbps. If you go higher you will get playback problems.
    If there is not a noticable difference between your source material and your DVD, then its just the blow-up.
    DV PAL generally doesnt have the resolution to blow up well, especially if the material is from a consumer cam...

Advertisement