Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i get the government to pay for a postgrad

Options
  • 19-02-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

i know that everyone is entitled to one degree from the state at present any way but i was wondering if because i went to a private college can i get the state to pay for my post grad because i never availed of the free degree in the first place.

thanks.

Comments

At the moment you have up to Level 8 qualifications included in the 'free fees' scheme. Postgrads may be free if you get research funding (if applicable; contact the college), if you get a grant (contact your Council/VEC; only valid to cover first €6,000 fees per year or so) or if you get a scholarship (college again). But whether you get a course in a private or public college for your undergrad doesn't matter, (almost) everyone has to pay fees at postgrad unless they fall into the group above.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

i know that everyone is entitled to one degree from the state at present any way but i was wondering if because i went to a private college can i get the state to pay for my post grad because i never availed of the free degree in the first place.

thanks.

There is HEA funded courses meaning you only pay 1700 yo yo's a year for a master. There is a list of specific (Math, science and engineering) courses you can take under this scheme check the HEA webpage.

Advertisement