Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LLB In UCC?

Options
  • 19-02-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey, Im about to graduate from Griffith College with a law degree, My main goal is to do the FE-1s and go into practice but i want to stall that for a while considering the state of the economy yadda yadda yadda...

Anyways i was considering doing an LLB in UCC, However i have been told that it mainly is for people who do not have law degrees but want to have a career in law so they do the LLB to 'convert' their undergrad degree to a law friendly qualification.

The question i am asking is whether the LLB in UCC is of any use to me (as a future FE1 appreticeship seeker) or would i be better doing some other Masters (taught or research) in order to make the best use i can out of the next 2 years or so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 university god

Snip

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

University god banned for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

So you already have (or are about to finish) an LLB in GCD? Why then would you consider doing another in Cork, unless you buy in to the "private colleges offer inferior law degrees" argument. Will the Cork LLB help in any way to you getting an apprenticeship? Imho, no (given that you already have one) - hence a LLM or whatever would be a much better choice. It would be a different matter if you had a non-law degree, in which case the LLB in Cork might be a good idea.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Best of luck with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

the LLB im doing now is different to the LLB offered in UCC, although they are caled the same they are different cources, LLB is the same as BCL just in Latin! I think ill have to make an appointment with someone in UCC

Advertisement