Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to start a practical research based PhD... advice needed

Options
  • 19-02-2009 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    ive been encouraged by some collegues, i lecture in one of the IT's, to get registered on to do my Phd. Im looking at having a practical element involved in it, namely photography. The thing is that i have loads of little ideas about subject matter and a few ideas about potential supervisors, but im a bit sceptical about commiting myself to a topic for what could turn out to be about 5 years research.

Has anyone tackled a practical based research Phd? Does anyone have any advice about wether i should just get it started and register or should i try and get a paper published on each of my ideas and see how that goes prior to tieing myself to a Phd?
    Basically, im looking for advice, encouragement and guidance if theres any out there....
    Thanks a bunch

Advertisement