Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCSET question about grades, i.e. 1.1, 2.1

Options
  • 10-02-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Good morning all,
    If you would be so kind as to share with me any info you might have regarding results requirements when applying to ircset. I know that they have a policy which funds almost exclusively 1.1 students and a few 2.1 students. My confusion with this is does it mean....a 1.1 in your final year
    or....an average 1.1 over the 3 or 4 years of your degree.

I have never found a straight answer to this, my average over the 4 years is 2.1, with crap first year results and good final year results.
    Anybody who knows this a little clearer, your advice is much appreciated,
    thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ShelBell

Im pretty sure it goes on your 3rd year results if your havent received final year yet, but otherwise goes on final year. It also depends on references and personal statements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fausto Miño

I have received final year; that was a 1.1, BUT Im still unsure if this is enough, or will they look for an average of the four years, cos first year especially was not so hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Breaktown

It goes on your final result. Which depends on your course. My final result broken down into: 3rd year results (20%), final year project (30%) and final year exams (50%). First and second year didn't matter in my case.

Advertisement