Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partime Masters courses

Options
  • 09-02-2009 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Have done some research already but looking for more ideas -

Looking for part-time taught Masters courses, preferably Engineering (mechanical) any suggestions appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Turbury wrote: »
    Have done some research already but looking for more ideas -

Looking for part-time taught Masters courses, preferably Engineering (mechanical) any suggestions appreciated. thanks

I don't think there is many out there (specifically for mech). I am currently doing computer aided mechanical and manufacturing engineering in DCU. There is a mech and a mfg stream but you can mix and match. The course is setup well for P/T (I believe it started as a P/T program to upskill grads in industry). I looked at other programs (mainly in the US and England) and got advice from colleagues and it seemed relevant and practical in industry. If you have specific questions just let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Turbury

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    I don't think there is many out there (specifically for mech). I am currently doing computer aided mechanical and manufacturing engineering in DCU. There is a mech and a mfg stream but you can mix and match. The course is setup well for P/T (I believe it started as a P/T program to upskill grads in industry). I looked at other programs (mainly in the US and England) and got advice from colleagues and it seemed relevant and practical in industry. If you have specific questions just let me know.

This is one of 2 or 3 that I might be interested in - I'll pm you later with a few questions if that allright - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Turbury wrote: »
    This is one of 2 or 3 that I might be interested in - I'll pm you later with a few questions if that allright - thanks.

UCC has one, but it is heavily based on Pharma industry (More like process eng if i am not mistaken). UL has a "Design" course, which I do not know how would be perceived on its technical content. DIT has an Advanced Engineering course, but it seemed rather general to me. Other options on the Island are up north I believe. This was my opinion of the taught options. Drop me a PM and I will see if I can answer your Q's.

Advertisement