Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you get shoe-laces (in Dublin area)?!!

Options
  • 06-02-2009 4:00am

I want a pair of normal thickness red shoe-laces. Got an old pair of trainers I want to revive and this would work well. Found some red ones in Office, but they're really thick, chunky ones that are really long. Don't work at all.

Thing is it's very hard to find shoe-laces. Some shoe stores, like Barrats or Clarks, do plain brown or black laces for mens shoes. Office does 'funky' shoe-laces with skulls and cross-bones, that sort of thing. Sports stores do sporty shoe-laces, in a limited range of colours!

Other places I've checked include Arnotts, Debenhams and Hickey's (which I thought would have been a cert, but they didn't have a single pair!)

I don't know if I'm making this up, but I seem to remember when I was a child that you could get all sorts of shoe-laces in different colours. I can vividly picture a stand with an assortment of them. But I could be making that up.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, would be much appreciated! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

Shoe repair shops? I think I've seen them in places where you get your shoes re-heeled.... Or online might be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Try asking in... Fashion / Appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Schuh or maybe Size? on Wicklow street.

Advertisement