Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Styrofoam heads?

Options
  • 05-02-2009 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to purchase about 5 styrofoam heads for an art project.
    Does anyone know of anywhere in IRELAND that I can get these, preferably on-line with cheap delivery?

I have searched the 'net and yes, I know there are a few on ebay but none located in Ireland (to keep postage down!).

All help is much appreciated.. ta!

PS: Has anyone here heard of GRANITE SPRAY PAINT?? I need that too.. proving hard to locate, ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Anyone?...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

How are ye now!?
    There's a place on sth. William st. in dublin called McGregors plastics that do them. Its a shop display suppliers so i'd imagine they're in the phone book.
    DO NOT USE SPRAY PAINT ON STYROFOAM!!!
    It'll melt it. You have to prime the styrofoam first. I've seen it happen.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lifeboats

Seen them in Tony Murray shop display shop on Phibsboro Rd, guess you would get them in any place that supplies shop display goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CinnamonGirl

Hallo

a) I agree...don't spray styrofoam....stinks and shrinks!

b) GRANITE SPRAY PAINT.....try Marks Models on Hawkins street....

Hav fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

I bought 2 from England, and even with exchange rates and postage, it worked out way cheaper than buying them here. They were posted very quick, and if you ask for express postage, even faster..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

if its the same type i am thinking of then try tony murray displays in phibsboro, got one there for 5 euro i think, or was it 10? bah..memory, but worth checking out if you are in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CinnamonGirl

Where abouts is Tony Murrays in Phibsboro?

And do you know if they sell mannequins?
    *don't ask*

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Not sure about the heads, but the granite spray paint is readily available in home diy stores such as Woodies, Atlantic etc. They also have it in Lenihans on capel st and in Evans on Marys Lane in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

If you know where Phibsboro shopping centre is, just head down in the direction of town through the junction and it will be there just on your left hand side. On the same road as the fire station. Mannequins, i dont think they have any. I was looking for one myself but ended up going online. I will PM you the link where I got mine.

Advertisement