Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kawasaki events and other feedback.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,971 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jazzy wrote: »
    loving the third person dismissive tone again here. think i actually have struck a nerve. if you act non-chalant and smug then i definitely dont have a point
    ............huh :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

how the hell are ppl there saying the two words dont rhyme? ill ask a professor or something college tomorow and see wat the deal is. i actually dont understand at all how ppl can say they dont rhyme.

and terry wins the award for bringing up my txt speak first. love the referring to me of "this guy" too. grammar schmammer on teh net. its more about ease of talking then anything else. if im writing an essay or something i dare not use txt speak. i do admit that sometimes i do use it on purpose just so someone can bring it up. it shows the attitude. the want to overbear and the paranoia which i was suggesting earlier.

but seeming that you have no answer to the actual point i was making, the humanity, i really cannot be bothered. it seems more like the want and need to nitpick to justify your own short comings. i know its just "some guy" saying this, but do you not see how all this could have been avoided just by being a bit more mellow and intuitive?
    Jazzy, in relation to your humanity question, I addressed that ages ago in some thread somewhere.

I make two clear and concise posts on that thread.
    One of them was where I banned the kawasaki guy and the other was when I suggested that your buddy take his gripe to the help desk.

They were two short and simple posts. They were both to the point.
    I said before that I do not need to write a novella any time I ban or warn someone. Not that I would be able to. I'm just not that verbose and imaginitive.

For future reference as to how After Hours works, read the charter.

Caliden wrote: »
    please keep the thread constructive, thanks.
    I actually think it would serve the thread well if an English professor was to tell us, via a video recording, that the words Pakistani and Kawasaki do indeed rhyme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Overheal wrote: »
    ............huh :confused:

i was comparing you and terry's similar tone and attitude. albeit, urs is a lot more crass.
    when someone talks of someone else in the third person when they are involved with the dialogue it is smug and dismissive. that should clear up any further need for the :confused: smiley, it might come across as an asinine response ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Words and phrases that rhyme with Kawasaki: (64 results)

2 syllables:
    aki, brockie, cockey, cocky, docie, hockey, jockey, khaki, lockey, lockie, machi, maki, rockey, rocky, saki, shockey, skrocki, stocky, trocki, yockey, zachi, zaki

3 syllables:
    adachi, araki, cichocki, disc jockey, disk jockey, field hockey, ice hockey, iwaki, kownacki, masaki, osake, osaki, ozaki, pataki, przybocki, rybacki, sasaki, senzaki, suchocki, takaki

4 syllables:
    arakaki, busalacchi, hamasaki, hideaki, hiroaki, ibaraki, iwasaki, iwosaki, masaaki, miyasaki, miyazaki, nagasaki, narazaki, nobuaki, okasaki, okazaki, sakigake, sukiyaki, teriyaki, yamasaki, yamazaki, yoshiaki

:)
    javaboy wrote:
    kawasaki is rhyming slang for Paki

Surely though if it is rhyming slang then this is all a bit academic (pun intended) :)

Did he mean it to be a slur?

• Advertisement

julep wrote: »
    Jazzy, in relation to your humanity question, I addressed that ages ago in some thread somewhere.

I make two clear and concise posts on that thread.
    One of them was where I banned the kawasaki guy and the other was when I suggested that your buddy take his gripe to the help desk.

They were two short and simple posts. They were both to the point.
    I said before that I do not need to write a novella any time I ban or warn someone. Not that I would be able to. I'm just not that verbose and imaginitive.

For future reference as to how After Hours works, read the charter.

im not saying write a novel or any other exaggeration. im saying that you should have been more human. you werent able to take the situation out of context and be mellow about it and therefore, were overbearing and watnot. do u not think that in future if something similar arises (a word or phrase you dont know) it might be better not to jump down the throats of those that are asking the same questions you might be? or is it better to keep up with the unbendable battering ram like efficiency and tell ppl to go to the help desk when actually conversing with them might be the way to go.

i dunno, if u cant see wat im saying and are that willing not to even give a "maybe" as regards wat i have thought (as in talking and conversing with another person instead of quoting rules and procedures) then i really couldnt be bothered. id be far less likely to post anything on after hours anyway, not that i post there much.. but as has been said, its a sad breakdown and change from wat that forum and others here were.

GuanYin wrote: »
    Did he mean it to be a slur?
    I honestly do not believe the OP realised what he was saying was racist. He struck me as a young person who knew no different. As I pointed out before though, I cannot read minds, so he could be a card carrying stormfront member for all I know.

He may not be racist, but racist language will result in a ban every time.

In saying that, I very much doubt that he would call them Kawasakis to their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I honestly do not believe the OP realised what he was saying was racist. He struck me as a young person who knew no different. As I pointed out before though, I cannot read minds, so he could be a card carrying stormfront member for all I know.

He may not be racist, but racist language will result in a ban every time.

In saying that, I very much doubt that he would call them Kawasakis to their faces.

Well I think that is fair.

They can call it harsh but harsh doesn't mean unfair.

Moral?

"Next time don't use racist terminology in your posts, intended or not."

A good lesson for anyone.

Or, maybe:
    "If you want to be racist, make up your own slang words and don't plagiarize others"

Either or.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Internet: Serious Business.

People say julep is a prick but this thread shows he is a thinker.

Fair play julep. You did youself proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

GuanYin wrote: »
    IF you want to be an ignorant racist pig, the chances are you don't need to use special words or wear a pillowcase on your head to let us know your intent.

Jaysus, deep breaths everyone!!!

I just came here to say that it was gay to to delete the posts on the original feedback thread that members had taken the time to write on a forum where we're allowed post.

I hope that doesn't make me homophobic.

• Advertisement

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Jaysus, deep breaths everyone!!!

I just came here to say that it was gay to to delete the posts on the original feedback thread that members had taken the time to write on a forum where we're allowed post.

I hope that doesn't make me homophobic.

You gay hater.

You should think before you speak.

Gays are nice.

im not saying write a novel or any other exaggeration. im saying that you should have been more human. you werent able to take the situation out of context and be mellow about it and therefore, were overbearing and watnot. do u not think that in future if something similar arises (a word or phrase you dont know) it might be better not to jump down the throats of those that are asking the same questions you might be? or is it better to keep up with the unbendable battering ram like efficiency and tell ppl to go to the help desk when actually conversing with them might be the way to go.
    Allowing that to happen on one thread would set a precedent. This is something that no moderator wants and something which would end up ruining a decent thread.
    This is layed out in the charter, something which exists so that things like this do not need to be explained over and over again.

Also, I never jumped down anyone's throat. I asked a few questions. That was all. If you read it as me jumping down someone's throat, then there really is nothing I can do about that. It's not like I called anyone a wanker or anything.

I will say this though, I won't be changing my ways any time in the foreseeable future.

i dunno, if u cant see wat im saying and are that willing not to even give a "maybe" as regards wat i have thought (as in talking and conversing with another person instead of quoting rules and procedures) then i really couldnt be bothered. id be far less likely to post anything on after hours anyway, not that i post there much.. but as has been said, its a sad breakdown and change from wat that forum and others here were.

Nostalgia is a great thing.
    You do realise that both of us joined around the same time, don't you?

Yes, AH has changed. Boards.ie as a whole has changed and will continue to change. Things that stay the same end up becoming stale and boring.

AH is a forum for the people and the people decide what goes in there.

As you are not a regular there, you are possibly unaware of the yearly (or thereabouts) thread in which users are asked for their opinions on how things are run in AH and how they would like to see the forum progress.
    We don't take every suggestion on board, but we do consider them all. You are quite welcome to add to the next thread, whenever it comes about.

Internet: Serious Business.

People say julep is a prick but this thread shows he is a thinker.

Fair play julep. You did youself proud.
    Meh.
    I don't come here to make friends.

Meh.

Considering your attitude that was fairly obvious. You make it more obvious than you don't.

Join us. We do golf membership at discounted rates.

Srsly.

Considering your attitude that was fairly obvious. You make it more obvious than you don't.

Join us. We do golf membership at discounted rates.

Srsly.

I don't know what I was saying there. I don't even play golf.

Sorry :(

It all gets so confusing.

I don't know what I was saying there. I don't even play golf.

Sorry :(

It all gets so confusing.
    It's ok. I don't play it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Meh.
    Aww :(

Want a Hug? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Kawasaki-Pakistani as poetry ? I'd say maybe in a Sheriff St stanza , you know the 14 liner where the first 12 lines end in a rhyme and the last two lines use alliteration with no real regard towards the sound or meaning of the words . No , I've never heard of such eloquent poesy myself - and I'm sure I'd remember such terrible beauty but I do hope it exists !
    Regardless of the literary genius behind this Kawasaki-Pakistani thing (did I mention former is Japanese and latter is .... clearly not , and only the 3rd consonant actually rhymes if the words are pronounced correctly?) the problem post was kindly translated by the guy who posted it and his translation was provocative , to say the least . As evidenced by the majority on this thread the word Paki is generally perceived in a negative way and so the thread would undoubtedly have gone down flame alley .
    Why should julep (or whichever mod caught it first) have to explain on thread their precise motivation for taking the action they took ? The bleeding obvious will remain the bleeding obvious no matter how much it's talked about .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

That doesn't make it a racist remark. It is so obvious that the OP wasn't being racist that the fact this charade has been going on this long is hilarious.
    Just for the helluvit I'll post the paragraph again. For the trolls and bandwagoners that didn't actually read anything but still like to throw in their loose change.
    Hey Guys,
    I responded to a post I seen earlier & it started me thinking about all the really funny stories I have from when I was working in a convenience store! It was in a particular bad area but the laugh we used to have!

One of my personal favourites was dealing with all the junkies! One of my fav stories....
    I remember one evening 2 brass munkies came in mad outa it! They were goofing off sitting on the newspapers and we had to ask them to move on.... The women is shoplifting in slow motion, putting bags of sweets into her pockets... I'm in stitches laughing!! Anyways the bloke sees me laughing and gets all agro bout me laughing. he says to me ~ "ya packie bastard ya, go back to your own country" now that's probably not that funny but I'm as dub as they come. I have a bit of a tan & had'nt shaved in a few days! Well that was it, me & the kawasaki's I worked with were on the floor, tears running down my face! We had some craic bout that one!
    He put his tail between his legs & hit the road off on another adventure no doubt! gotta love them brass munkies!

Any good stories, please share...

A racist remark is something that bears intolerance or hate toward another race.

As I said before julep, you made the remark racist, not the OP.

I knew this thread would go nowhere but decided to post it anyway. It's a sad sign that feedback for the good of the site is met with intolerance and arrogance. It's also a sad sign that both mods and users alike can't take issues like this seriously and would prefer to poke holes in posts over points that don't even matter.

• Advertisement

Da Bounca wrote: »
    mods and users alike can't take issues like this seriously and would prefer to poke holes in posts over points that don't even matter.
    What can I say to this? Feedback Threads: Digital Bubble-Wrap :)

Its been what, a 3-day ban? Did we really need 7 pages to discuss it, or was it just a way to kill time while the brass monkeys wait for their access to be restored?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Overheal wrote: »
    What can I say to this? Feedback Threads: Digital Handjobs for Mods :)

Fixed your post

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone looking for tips on buying a motorbike through google searches is going to be mighty upset when the searches bring them to this thread.

especially if they are from Pakistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Whoever put the tag on this thread just won the internet.
    congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That doesn't make it a racist remark. It is so obvious that the OP wasn't being racist that the fact this charade has been going on this long is hilarious.
    Just for the helluvit I'll post the paragraph again. For the trolls and bandwagoners that didn't actually read anything but still like to throw in their loose change.

A racist remark is something that bears intolerance or hate toward another race.

I knew this thread would go nowhere but decided to post it anyway. It's a sad sign that feedback for the good of the site is met with intolerance and arrogance. It's also a sad sign that both mods and users alike can't take issues like this seriously and would prefer to poke holes in posts over points that don't even matter.
    So you admit to trolling now? Surely that deserves a ban? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

humanji wrote: »
    So you admit to trolling now? Surely that deserves a ban? :pac:
    Like I said.
    "It's also a sad sign that both mods and users alike can't take issues like this seriously and would prefer to poke holes in posts over points that don't even matter."

No, I haven't been trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

still no word on why my original thread was moved
    Because only certain people have access to Help Desk and thus, there's no ganging up (one of your other grievances) like there is here.

Jeesh... damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Dudess wrote: »
    Because only certain people have access to Help Desk and thus, there's no ganging up (one of your other grievances) like there is here.

Jeesh... damned if you do, damned if you don't...

but i dont mind the ganging up as that can help prove a point too

Would you walk into a Pakistani owned Indian restaurant (Seinfeld showed us that Pakistani food doesn't sell well) and say "Hello Mr. Kawasaki man. I'd like a lamb madras, please"?

Like **** you would.

This thread is a testament to the fact that you think you are beyond banning because you have been a member here for so long and when you do get banned, you think you can come in here with your buddies and bully people into giving you what you want.

It didn't work this time and it won't work the next time.

If you stick to the rules, like most of the members here, you will not be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

but i dont mind the ganging up as that can help prove a point too
    Sorry... you'll goad and sneer and throw out accusations against all mods, which will result in people getting defensive (obviously) and you'll sit back smugly at such a perfect example of "ganging up"? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement