Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Taylor's Phase 5 darts in Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

if you wnt phil taylor darts at a lower price just buy john low's darts, near enough the same but at nearly half the price

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

kinda like the look of the new taylor darts but cant work with the price, do you know where sells the john lowe ones...?

go onto darts corner and go to the search button, type in john lowe and you'll get every weight and type. hope this helps:D

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Does anybody here use phase 5's? Really tempted but that price is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

These are actually's Phil Taylor's wife's darts if I am not mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

These are actually's Phil Taylor's wife's darts if I am not mistaken.

Apparently the story is that his wife had John Lowe darts in the drawer, Taylor was using the sigma's at the time. Was pissed off with them, tried the Lowe darts and had them modified to his own grip and a 5mm longer barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

NeoRox wrote: »
    Apparently the story is that his wife had John Lowe darts in the drawer, Taylor was using the sigma's at the time. Was pissed off with them, tried the Lowe darts and had them modified to his own grip and a 5mm longer barrel.

Who knew that Taylor's wife had a think for John Lowe('s darts) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i throw john lowe 24grm i like them bought them in my sports shop 48 yo yo s
    would be tempted with taylors new ones .would like to have a fondle of them .if every one sends me a fiver i will buy them and let ya know what there like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

jwshooter wrote: »
    .if every one sends me a fiver i will buy them and let ya know what there like :D

I would except they are out of stock in argos in wexford.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

That's amazing that they're out of stock, I'd like to have a go at them just to try them out but just cos the best darts player uses them doesn't mean you'll be good with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I bet there's a lot of people who buy them because they're expensive and they'll think they'll hit 9 darters with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Lad down the local had them. I nearly collapsed when he told me the price.

Well they're back again in the new catalogue for an even heavier price :eek:

I was half expecting them to go down to around €50. But €86? That's a disgrace.

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Well they're back again in the new catalogue for an even heavier price :eek:

I was half expecting them to go down to around €50. But €86? That's a disgrace.

i know, i booked a board yesterday and it was €33, went down 2day and it was €43:eek::eek::eek::eek:, i said to them that i booked it yesterday and they said sorry cause the new catalogue is out they have to charge the new price. so p**sed off

Double Top wrote: »
    i know, i booked a board yesterday and it was €33, went down 2day and it was €43:eek::eek::eek::eek:, i said to them that i booked it yesterday and they said sorry cause the new catalogue is out they have to charge the new price. so p**sed off

Unlucky.

I ordered Priestly's darts yesterday and got them today but was greatful the price didn't change. Fortunately All of Winmau's products stayed the same price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I have a set of the phase 5 Phil Taylor darts.

I held off on buying them in the past because I didnt believe that they would suit me just because they suit him. After all, no 2 people throw the same.

After watching him throw them on TV though, I noticed their profile was very similar to a set of Harrows assassins I used years ago so I took a chance and fortunately enough, I have thrown some very good stuff with them :). I did have to change to my own favourite short deflectagrip stems and standard dimplex flights but so far so good.

I do however think its a major joke that they went up 16 euros in price lately in Argos but they can still be found for less on ebay including delivery ;).

Advertisement