Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rent Allowance in Athlone

• 22-01-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I was looking for landlords that accept rent allowance in Athlone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

alke wrote: »

Dunno if theres a list available, try the Citizens Information office, other than that just ask when your enquiring about a place.

I'd say in the current economic climate a lot of landlords will be glad of the guarenteed money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

yeah, or you could probably but a house with your rent allowance at the back of willow park.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 alke

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Dunno if theres a list available, try the Citizens Information office, other than that just ask when your enquiring about a place.

I'd say in the current economic climate a lot of landlords will be glad of the guarenteed money.

I always ask when I'm enquiring but it gets a little disheartening after the 40 or 50th "NO". Thanks though I'll try the CIO.

I always thought that landlords were not allowed to refuse rent allowance. yet you see it on daft the whole time. rent allowance not accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

yeah, or you could probably but a house with your rent allowance at the back of willow park.

yep, beautiful area that.

landlords that dont accept rent allowance are either not declaring on their tax or dont want to rent to the (quite often but not always) types that rely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

alke wrote: »

Is that not paid through the post office? So it would be cash your giving him/her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 alke

Originally Posted By 120 Minutes
    landlords that dont accept rent allowance are either not declaring on their tax or dont want to rent to the (quite often but not always) types that rely on it.

What types? the disabled, the homeless, the less fortunate and those thousands that are being made redundant at the moment? yeah these are the sort of people that don't deserve help. :confused:

Originally Posted By Danny B
    Is that not paid through the post office? So it would be cash your giving him/her

It is paid by check sent directly to the landlord, the landlord also has to sign a form, accepting the rent allowance on the property, they also need to be registered with some agency that makes sure they aren't letting out dives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Hmmm i thought is was by post office cause dont ya have to fill in form in the social welfare office and give them proof that your living there, then you use your dole card to collect it... or has it changed again..therefor i apologise and withdraw my previous comment.

Advertisement