Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alopecia - hair loss?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I realise this isn't a medical advice forum and im not asking for medical advice.

But i just want to ask is there any more women out there who is losing their hair on their legs. I used to have the most hairiest legs but i have been losing the hair for a few months and 1 leg is almost smooth. I think its great and i hope it effects all the hair on my legs. But can this possibly spread? I havn't noticed it going from anywhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Ive never heard of this, alopicia in the legs I mean.

But I do know, that when pregnant the hair on my legs completly stopped growing, put it down to hormone change or smiliar. Does that sound familiar, are you pregnant or had a change of pill or anything?

I know how insane that sounds, just re-read it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Im not on the pill at all and im certainly not pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

My mum suffers from either an underactive or an overactive thyroid(can never remember which one). But anyway as a result of the problems with her hormones all the hair on her legs fell out and her eyebrows also sorry to scare you. But luckily none from her hair :) I am no expert but perhaps it could be something similar or maybe something to do with her hormones. May sound silly but the best thing might be to just ask your GP.

Advertisement