Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Breasted Coats on Guys

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love them on lads, a real classy. As long as the length is ok, I don't think you can go wrong. If you're a bit on the shorter side I wouldn't go for one as long as that picture as it will only make you look smaller. I'd say just below hips for all heights, but if you're tall you could go to just above the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I bought a pea coat last autumn, and it is by far my favourite coat. Black, double breasted, to just below the hips, as Twee mentioned (I'm not tall). It works in both casual and smarter situations. The one pictured is longer than the one I got. Think more Paul Newman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Have seen a fair few pea-coats around in the last couple of years. I think they look pretty good, and certainly not girly.

If you think it looks good, what matter the opinion of others?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

The one thing about double breasted coats is that they're a little bit "fianna fáil ard fheis"...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Pea coats look good on the skinny lanky body type otherwise they are the equivelant of muffintops, emphasising the girth of your gut.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I have one, slightly longer and with bigger collars than the one in the picture, I got it in Zara a few years ago.

Totally manly. Not girly at all. Be careful what you wear it with though, doesn't really look good with runners, more boots or shoes. They do really keep you warm in this kind of weather because they wrap around a bit more and keep the wind out.

Mine is very fitted though. There's not really an inch to go. So be careful if you've got any kind of a belly. I'm lucky that way. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Think Daniel Craig as Bond in that last scene in Quantum of Solace. This is the Tom Ford coat used in the film. Very manly and quite smart to boot.

cl031-coat.jpg

Advertisement