Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childrens murals for creche

Options
  • 19-01-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

can someone tell me comnpanies that do walls paintings for childrens creche ,based in galway
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 smithrdn

do not have idea try to search it online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fintonagirl

I work with kids and what we've done quite a few times is search for images that you like online eg. colouring pages of characters or the like, connect up to projector and shine onto wall. just use pencil or marker to go over outline on wall - then fill in. or just have a go free hand, if its a creche you want quite simplistic shapes and drawings anyway....

or get someone in...:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

If there are any Art colleges or classes running near you, you might be able to get some of the students to do it as a nixer?

I used to do that sort of thing years ago, but I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭bombers

thanks all for info ,like the one idea with projector, i could do that for boys bedroom at home

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fintonagirl

yeah, i've used the projector to do anything from murals on walls to painting windows and its so easy. you can still freehand draw in or adapt. just search for images on computer, hook up to projector and you are set...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

connect up to projector and shine onto wall. just use pencil or marker to go over outline on wall - then fill in

This technique works very well as fintonagirl said, you can acetate printed very cheaply too.

The art student idea is good if your close to an art college, many capable students that would relish the work and money.

Some wallpaper & paint shops have themed characters that can be stuck onto walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Martina Passman

I do fabulous murals here in galway,I've done supermacs,creches,childcentres and private homes all over the county.My email address is godscards@yahoo.com;)

Advertisement