Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridal shops in Belfast??

Options
  • 19-01-2009 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

I have been appointed as a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding later this year (yay!!! :D) and she's looking for a wedding dress that doesn't look like a ''wedding dress'' if that makes sense.

Apart from Monsoon, does anyone know of any other shops that might sell similar stuff in Belfast? We're taking a trip up in the next week or two!

Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If you're going up North, theres a place in Carrickfergus which isnt too far from Belfast called Angel Star that is probably the most popular place for Bridal Wear up here. They also have a store in Portadown.

They have an online catalogue you should check out.

http://www.angelstarbrides.com/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Archimedes wrote: »
    They have an online catalogue you should check out.

http://www.angelstarbrides.com/index.htm

Thanks a million for that Archimedes, but after a quick gawk at their site I don't think it's what she has in mind :( a bit too ''wedding dress-ey'')

Ah right. Well my knowledge of wedding dresses is zero - I only know that place cos its well known up here. Im sure Googling "Bridal Wear Belfast" would help! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Archimedes wrote: »
    Ah right. Well my knowledge of wedding dresses is zero - I only know that place cos its well known up here. Im sure Googling "Bridal Wear Belfast" would help! ;)

not as much as you'd think :eek: practically none of the ''bridal'' shops proper post images, they work by appointment only. and when you call them to see what kind of styles they do to see if it's worth making an appointment they suggest you make an appointment, then they're booked up for a few weeks in advance :rolleyes:

this is all new to me as well - if i ever get married it'll be in jeans and a comfy jumper :D

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement