Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stag ideas for Europe?

Options
  • 18-01-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello

Just looking for some advice on stag parties in Europe, maybe Germany somewhere? We have been to Hamburg before (a few times) so prob want to rule that out. Also looking for cheap enough option to fly to.... I know I cant have my cake and eat it but here's hoping!

Has anyone ever been to Bremen or Dusseldorf on a stag?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Don't really know about Germany. If you are considering Holland, i'm dutch myself, avoid Amsterdam and go to Utrecht. The people there are much nicer, the city is much prettier. And Utrecht has a red light district aswell, one of the first things where people think off with Holland apparently, just like coffee shops. The fact that i was born in Utrecht helps promoting the city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Munich would be good, out side of Oktoberfest its should be a bit cheaper and easer to get rooms

krakow is another good destination

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

one of the guys went to amsterdam im pretty sure on a stags. he was very impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Vero

munich is absolutely great for partying (it has an area with i guess 20 clubs and on fridays you have to pay only 5€ to enter all of them)
    http://www.kultfabrik.de/home.htm (just in german I'm afraid)
    and it's quite cheap to fly there with aerlingus (just booked a flight munich-dublin for 50e)
    berlin is apparently also great...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 busstop

Thanks a mill for all the advice. Had never thought of Utrecht. I must check that out. Munich also sounds like a good option. It all depends on flight prices I guess. I think the stag is looking like early August now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

have a look at Cologne friend of mine had his stag there and it was great people were relly nice the beer was great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I'm going to Berlin in three days with 18 buddies, I'll get back with feedback... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

avoid amsterdam. but as rua say utrecht is great. berlin is decent but i went with my mum and sister so it might be 'funner' with the lads,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

eZe^ wrote: »
    I'm going to Berlin in three days with 18 buddies, I'll get back with feedback... :)

Berlin is great. Do a bit of research - where to go for food and drink - before you go.

There is also loads to do during the day.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

yes like complain how cold it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

sheesh wrote: »
    have a look at Cologne friend of mine had his stag there and it was great people were relly nice the beer was great

+1

Cologne also has a huge lap dancing club which is always a laugh on a stag. Plus the Nordschleife is only an hour away if you drive fast enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Looks boring now to be going to Liverpool for a stag do in March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

A few of us went over to Krakow two years ago for a week and drank to our hearts content, great place, dirt cheap (beer, food, accommodation) and it's the only city ive ever been to that does a decent kebab. They do them on every corner and but don't taste like the ****e we get here. Perfect for when your staggering back to the hotel at 7am with a bottle of vodka purchased from the nearest 24hr offy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Went to prague a while ago, it was cheaper than a weekend in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

exiot wrote: »
    A few of us went over to Krakow two years ago for a week and drank to our hearts content, great place, dirt cheap (beer, food, accommodation) and it's the only city ive ever been to that does a decent kebab. They do them on every corner and but don't taste like the ****e we get here. Perfect for when your staggering back to the hotel at 7am with a bottle of vodka purchased from the nearest 24hr offy.

+1 for Krakow. Been there myself a few years ago and two of my friends are just back from a stag there last weekend. Great city. Perfect for a Stag-everythings cheap and the women are hot, what more do ye want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

mickdw wrote: »
    Went to prague a while ago, it was cheaper than a weekend in dublin.

But with a sleaze factor that's gone through the roof. Last time I was there the main street was full of prozzies who only looked around 16, at 9:30pm of a sunday night.

Krakow is a great spot though. Amsterdam is a ripoff, but hugely enjoyable. Never been out in Utrecht, but I had a wander around it during the day and it looks nice. Big student city, so could be lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Yeah - Prague is ruined by the gangs of Romas who pretend to be prozzies but actually just want to pick your pocket while they feel your balls and would probably slit your throat if you were dumb enough to go away with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yeah - Prague is ruined by the gangs of Romas who pretend to be prozzies but actually just want to pick your pocket while they feel your balls and would probably slit your throat if you were dumb enough to go away with them.

Well there is a fair bit of sleaze in prague but its a stag weekend after all. We had lots of cheap drink, fab apartment for the weekend, etc so good weekend to be had there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shanek300

I'm also trying to organise a stag in Germany, been to loads of stags in the past so our locations are now limited. Pretty happy to go with either Frankfurt or Dusseldorf, but can't find out what the crack is with strip clubs in dusseldorf.....can anyone tell me if there is any, if so where?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Shanek300 wrote: »
    can't find out what the crack is with strip clubs in dusseldorf.....can anyone tell me if there is any, if so where?

Yeah, never going to happen on this forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement