Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translating from spanish to engish using an english keyboard??

Options
  • 17-01-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Howdi,

i am looking to translate sentences from spanish to english but using the keyboard i have i cant type certain spanish words due to the use of accents and so on. can anybody help me with a website or whatever that can help. i am using google translate at the moment but many times it does not translate accurately and sometimes translates literal meanings of individual words rather than the actual meaning of a specific sentence.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

You can type é by pressing the ALT-GR key and then "e" (works for á, é, í, ó, ú)

For è you press the ALT key, and type 138.

The full list of numbers to type for each character is here: http://www.asciitable.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Translations from google, babelfish and all of the other online translators are all fairly poor tbh.

As for your problem with the keyboard language, you can put accents on vowels by holding down "Alt Gr" and the vowel you wish to put the accent on. If it's a desktop computer, you can get the "ñ" by holding "Alt" and keying in "164". You can also change your keyboard input language in your control panel. The "ñ" is where the ";" is on your standard keyboard and you can get accents by pressing ' and whatever vowel you want to put the accent on.

Advertisement