Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin clubbing group

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGotAquestion

stephen112 wrote: »
    if anyone's up for going to this: www.shakerdublin.com - PM me and I'll put you on the guestlist for Wednesdays in the Academy.

there's a mix on the site, gives you an idea what to expect - starts 9th September!
    sounds great man!. pity i cant go for the opening night but will deffo be checking out the place soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

sounds great man!. pity i cant go for the opening night but will deffo be checking out the place soon..

Ditto!:D I might be able to make it on the 16th!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGotAquestion

TriceMarie wrote: »
    Ditto!:D I might be able to make it on the 16th!!!:p

think i might hafta wait til the 23rd but it does sound like a spot i will be attending regularly!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

stephen112 wrote: »
    if anyone's up for going to this: www.shakerdublin.com - PM me and I'll put you on the guestlist for Wednesdays in the Academy.

there's a mix on the site, gives you an idea what to expect - starts 9th September!

Kinda sounds like what one would expect to hear in the likes of Q-bar or XXIs...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Oh here just remembered. I´m playing in Crawdaddy on September 12th, if any of you cats are about pm me and i´ll shtick ya´s on the guestlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 stephen112

It's definitely not a Q Bar mix - listen to the songs in context; Gwen Stefani is part of Windowlicker by Aphex Twin, Kanye West only gets a few bars. We're trying to mix the new more obscure stuff like major lazer with a few commercial tracks... but I definitely don't think you'll see a Q Bar crowd in for this club

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

jtsuited wrote: »
    Oh here just remembered. I´m playing in Crawdaddy on September 12th, if any of you cats are about pm me and i´ll shtick ya´s on the guestlist.
    Dam I'm away that weekend :(
    Hope it goes well let us know for the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Im moving up on the 13th,what's on that week?i want to go to aload of places!:p:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Few of us going to Ben Kock on Sep 19th in Twisted Pepper if anyone is on for it..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62010085

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ill be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

Zascar wrote: »
    Few of us going to Ben Kock on Sep 19th in Twisted Pepper if anyone is on for it..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62010085

Mmmmm yes I think I'll be up for this guys. sounds good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Last time I was in Dublin for a good while I went clubbing a lot, but no one I know seems to be hitting the clubs these days. Most of my friends hate dance music anyway :(

So this is me saying I'm looking forward to the next meet up, whenever that may be.

As you may have seen in This Thread - myself and some friends are starting a new night in Dublin. This would be a great venue for a Dublin Clubbing Group Meetup, so I'd be happy to put all members on the guestlist - so let me know who is interested :D Launch night is October 3rd but running every week after that so 10th or 17th can work too!

Yeah ill miss the one on the 3rd I have a gig up north but will defiantly make the next few

Yeah ill miss the one on the 3rd I have a gig up north but will defiantly make the next few

ooh look at you jetsetter international dj!!!!:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

This still on?

ooh look at you jetsetter international dj!!!!:p:p

Told you already Jeff;
    e6546_im-kind-of-a-big-deal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

Is this still going? Anyone interested in ferry corstein this weekend?

dubfire coming up soon. presume the usual suspects will be going (as in me, acman, vinyl, and davei141)?

Oh and Umek the week after?

Yeah ill head to Dubfire. Im sure dave will come along to unless its a friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Wouldn't mind going to both these gigs, will see closer the time how I'm fixed. I'd imagine Umek wouldn't be as busy

joker77 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind going to both these gigs, will see closer the time how I'm fixed. I'd imagine Umek wouldn't be as busy

Ah it being dublin you can never predict anything regarding numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

dubfire coming up soon. presume the usual suspects will be going (as in me, acman, vinyl, and davei141)?

Oh and Umek the week after?

Count me in on both occasions...cant wait! :D

Hi Guys

Any good gigs on soon ?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

Any of ye headin to Prodigy in few weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Was at Dubfire and Carl Craig there recently - didn't know this thing existed, be nice to put some faces to names. Anything been announced locally for New Years?

New Years sucks for going out, but I do hope there are some good gigs around the xmas period, I'll definitely be trying to get out to a few, let us know here if there are any good ones one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Zascar wrote: »
    New Years sucks for going out, but I do hope there are some good gigs around the xmas period, I'll definitely be trying to get out to a few, let us know here if there are any good ones one

Marco Carola in Pygmallion on Stephens' Day will be a stormer - I'm away till the 27th though unfortunately...

I was looking at that gig on Stephens nite myself.....could be good.
    I'd like to go to that one.

• Advertisement

yeah it would be sweet, but I'd say it will be absolutely jammers and I just don't know if I can be asses when its like sardines. spoils the fun

Advertisement