Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you wear on a night out?

Options
  • 16-01-2009 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭

Okay just off the back of the other thread there , about what girls like to see guys wear on a night out.. what do ye wear out?

Personally over the last few months i've been shocked by what some peope wear out, over done make up and tan , and the shortest thing they can find to wear and squeeze into!!! Okay so i get it , its whatever you feel comfortable wearing, but sometimes i cant help but feel if they just went a size bigger the whole outfit would look nicer on them! Maybe this is just where im from ! but just wanted yer views on it !

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I tend to always lean towards dresses when I'm going out.. I love Jane Norman and River Island stuff.. Sometimes with black tights sometimes bare legged.. I don't tend to wear jeans out if I know I'm out for the night although I have been known to go for 'one or two' and end up going clubbing in jeans and a top.. Doesn't really bother me.. But I do love to get dolled up.. I tend to go for black a lot too, not in a goth kind of way but I think it suits me.. can't beat the LBD for a night out.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

I wear a lot of black too when I'm out because it's so easy to wear and accessorise. I don't go out nearly as much as I used to so when I go out now I tend to dress up quite a bit but I'm happy in jeans and a nice top too, just depends on the mood or occasion!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Depends on my mood, but usually jeans and a nice top. Sometimes a skirt, top, black tights and knee-high boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

What I wear always depends on where I am going, who with etc. and lately unfortunately what way my weight is cant stop loosing it lately :rolleyes:

I find when I have an ass I like to wear jeans and a nice top, when skinny minny I tend to wear wet look leggings with a long top or a dress, bought some nice ones on asos.com and Warehouse. I love wearing high waisted pencil skirts with a stop tucked into it, I bought a stunning basque/shirt thing in Penneys of all places was in a real poser bar and everyone was stopping me asking me where I bought it, wouldnt happen if I paid a fortune for it, ha typical!!

What is everyones opinion on we look leggings, I wear them but I still dunno if they look good. Do men like them :confused: My Dad things I look like a throwback from the 80's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

xzanti wrote: »
    I tend to always lean towards dresses when I'm going out.. I love Jane Norman and River Island stuff.. Sometimes with black tights sometimes bare legged.. I don't tend to wear jeans out if I know I'm out for the night although I have been known to go for 'one or two' and end up going clubbing in jeans and a top.. Doesn't really bother me.. But I do love to get dolled up.. I tend to go for black a lot too, not in a goth kind of way but I think it suits me.. can't beat the LBD for a night out.. :D

I'd be the same, fri sat night are dresses only! mostly bare legged. Although I'm more into colours at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 qualstyal

I not really into the whole leather legging thing myself but I think they suit other people not me. I'm more of a tights girl just wear black or coloured tight depends on the outfit.

I tend to wear dresses out, I think tight dresses are really nice at the moment but I haven't got one yet. (anyone see any nice ones?)

I really want one in black but most of my dresses that I wear out would be light colours.

I think clothes really depend on your age and where your going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Dresses or mini skirts with black tights. I like waist cinching belts too. Big hair, smokey eyes and tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

i love dresses with tights... i too tend to wear a lot of black..or else lotsa colours etc.. ..

i bought a long what i would call vest top in Vera Moda today, i can imagine it looking class with leggings and a waist belt and like strappy shoes..

wet leggings - i dont think i can bring myself to wear them - i ssee girls wearing them and it looks good, but on me id look half human half seal :rolleyes:

i never really wear jeans out, if wearing trousers i wear like black troousers.. or knee length pants..

what do people think of the satin type dresses, that fit nicely on top, the sleeves are elbow length, they are kind of smock type dresses, worn with waist belts? god im bad at describing!! they are usually a mix of colours - a kind of hippy look one could say.. they had a few inn Heatons before Xmas... Went into Pennys today and saw one, mix of blues and purples, not smocky though and therefore not at all flattering on me!! a gorge dress however!!:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jeans and a top usually. I'm comfortable like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

with me it's fairly simple

my i can't be arsed to dress up night out:

jeans
    t-shirt
    zip up hoodie
    cons

my dressier night out:

jeans
    shirt
    zip up hoodie
    cons/pf flyers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I wear shortish skirts, shorts or dresses. Black tights in the winter, clear in the summer. I just can't go bare legs!
    I wear a lot of shorts, have about eight pairs, with baggy t-shirts. Dress wise I like them tight, body-con-esque! They suit me better than ones cinched or that flow out.
    I'm not into leggings but I got a really cool denim pair that just look like super tight jeans. ALWAYS wear heels. Two favourite pairs, black or gold. They go with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I am quite pale and refuse to wear tan so of course I wear black! I usually wear a corset with a skirt or black dress, with black tights and boots/shoes. I like to wear at least 3 rosary beads too, and maybe a choker depending on the outfit.

Tbh, I think girls are getting a bit more stylish with regards to their "going out" outfits. Maybe its just the town where I live, but standards have definately raised. Of course the down side is, everyone wears that god awful fake tan, so even if the dresses are nice, the orange skin isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

I'm very boring, always wear a pair of jeans with a nice top.. maybe when the weather warms up a bit again i might get adventurous and wear a dress or a skirt but i just feel a lot more comfortable in jeans..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

A dress. Not tarty, usually above the knee and tight enough but not revealing cleavage much either. Bare legs too.

Nightwish wrote: »

Tbh, I think girls are getting a bit more stylish with regards to their "going out" outfits. Maybe its just the town where I live, but standards have definately raised.

I think that is because clothes that are out there right now are gorgeous and feminine. You nearly can't go wrong.

Sometimes size doesn't come into it Emo....saw a woman (note how I did not use the term lady) heading out on the town in Dublin last night.
    Lime green rara skirt, that was wedged up her bumhole. With matching belly top. No coat. Fab body but she walked John Wayne style. Hideous.

I'm too bankrupt to have a style. I wear what I can get my hands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I nearly always wear dresses when I go out. I like different dresses, not the type of ones you see every girl wearing. Lately I've been wearing a lot of black which suits me because I'm so pale. It doesn't bother me how short the dress is because I always wear tights, usually black, but also pink, yellow and turquoise. I also love weird shoes and platforms.

Sometimes, if I'm with my friends who go to slightly grungy pubs, I wear skinny jeans or rockier dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

skinny jeans should be banned. Hideous looking things

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

seanybiker wrote: »

Nah like everything they look fabulous on some people, and not so great on others. When I wear them I wouldn't be offered any modelling contracts, but I think they look quite cute because I'm tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Nightwish wrote: »
    I am quite pale and refuse to wear tan so of course I wear black! I usually wear a corset with a skirt or black dress, with black tights and boots/shoes. I like to wear at least 3 rosary beads too, and maybe a choker depending on the outfit.

Tbh, I think girls are getting a bit more stylish with regards to their "going out" outfits. Maybe its just the town where I live, but standards have definately raised. Of course the down side is, everyone wears that god awful fake tan, so even if the dresses are nice, the orange skin isnt.

same as yourself im quite pale and also refuse to wear tan , i hate it with a passion!

That what im kinda trying to get at to , some of the dresses people wear around here are lovely, BUT they wear the oranges of tan and pile on the makeup , again some of the dresses do be beat onto them , just as an example my friend is at least a size 10 but when she goes out she always wear a 8 or sometimes a 6 :eek: and there absoluty beat onto her, and i cant help think is she wore it in a size ten it would just look nicer.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    I think that is because clothes that are out there right now are gorgeous and feminine. You nearly can't go wrong.

Sometimes size doesn't come into it Emo....saw a woman (note how I did not use the term lady) heading out on the town in Dublin last night.
    Lime green rara skirt, that was wedged up her bumhole. With matching belly top. No coat. Fab body but she walked John Wayne style. Hideous.

I'm too bankrupt to have a style. I wear what I can get my hands on.

Oh god the rara skirt >.< they still around :eek:

Again right size and shape and they can be fab :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

I would generally go to more grungey kind of clubs but I still love to doll up.

My biggest weakness is at least 4" heels - I love how they transform my legs!

Otherwise I go mini skirts (Im quite short so longer length skirts make me look about 3ft) or dresses.

I think black tights look really good with most clothes out now...
    Whenever I see a girls out in just a dress, no jacket, and bare legs I always just think "WHAT is she thinking?!"... All my male friends agree there too, you can almost feel their pain!

As for tan, im pale and generally I dont bother. Ive no problem with it as long as its done right but personally its too much effort and I prefer the pale natural look anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

if im feeling like dressing up then its a pretty dress & heels (with flats in my bag for emergencies/end of night). sometimes its jeans & dressy top with heels, or if i dont feel like being too overdressed then jeans & a nice top but dressed up with accessories :)

though with the way the weather is right now, i think itll be wellys & a raincoat if i want to leave the house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Depends on where I'm going! If I'm going to somewhere like Eamon Doran's I'll wear any old jeans and a top and a pair of converse! If i'm going out dancing then I love dresses and heels. I can't get enough of fabulous shoes... Love jane norman for dresses. Can't stand flowing non-fitted dress cos they make me look like i'm pregnant. Hate going bare legged though. Have to wear tights of some description!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

A dress. Not tarty, usually above the knee and tight enough but not revealing cleavage much either. Bare legs too.

Me too but with black tights.
    IWishh wrote: »
    I
    Whenever I see a girls out in just a dress, no jacket, and bare legs I always just think "WHAT is she thinking?!"... All my male friends agree there too, you can almost feel their pain!

So true, I think it's important to dress appropiately, a good going out coat is essential for this time of year. I hate that look where girls wear their work coat over an otherwise very dressy outfit.

I don't do fake tan or clevage on dispaly. I do wear short skirts but with black opaque tights. There is so much flesh on dispaly when girls are dressed up I think men often prefer my covered up look. I joke that my clothes are "respectable" because arms are the only body part on dispaly ever.

I never do the jeans and top look for going out but will wear jeans and converse during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hayyman

Skinny jeans on men definitely should be banned.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

Do any girls here wear body con dresses?
    Ive found some gorgeous ones online that Im thinking about buying for my 18th but just wondering how tight they really are, and if your body has to be tip top no bulges anywhere to be able to pull them off?
    Im a size 10 so I think they could either be grand, or be totally wrong for me lol.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Again depends where I'm going. If its a proper night out, it'll be a flouncy skirt, black top and/or corset. Big backcombed hair and lots of eyeliner and of course stompy boots. Other than that, it'll be jeans/normal skirt and leggings, tshirt and lots of accessories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

It's only recently that I've started to wear dresses out and its great, usually teaming it with black tights this time of year. I think wearing a dress out really ups the girlyiness of getting ready to go out :P plus i always just feel way more girly when im wearing a dress! That said any night that i decide to go out last minute i usually end up wearing a nice top and jeans. Killer heels a must regardless of what i wear!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

T-Shirt
    Jeans
    Cons/DC's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

fíor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Minidresses, usually quite bright, or else plain tops with (bright) high waisted mini skirts. Always with black tights and 4 inch heels. If I'm dressing down I'll wear a nice top, black skinny jeans and heels. I never wear tan, I always wear gold bracelets and usually a long necklace, pearls or beads.

Advertisement