Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Higher Education Authority's Graduate Skills Conversion Programme

Options
  • 11-01-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of doing an MSc in Networks & Distributed Systems in Trinity. I notice that their course page says that there was a discounted rate this year due to the HEA funding, and that it hasn't been decided yet for next year.

I've mailed the course director, but she is out of the office for the week, so I was hoping to get a quick and easy answer here, so I can stop worrying!

Q1: Does this grant move from course-to-course every year, or do they tend to pick the same ones year-on-year?
    Q2: Is the possibility of the course getting this grant likely to be affected by the current economic climate (education cutbacks, etc.)
    Q3: When will the decision be made to fund or not to fund the course for 2009/2010?

Many thanks,
    Steve
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

Q1: Does this grant move from course-to-course every year, or do they tend to pick the same ones year-on-year?

The same courses are usually funded from year to year.

Q2: Is the possibility of the course getting this grant likely to be affected by the current economic climate (education cutbacks, etc.)
    Q3: When will the decision be made to fund or not to fund the course for 2009/2010?

Who knows, please let us know if you find out. I imagine the scheme will continue as it is directed at the courses the country needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Well, I said I'd let you know when I found out:
    I was at the postgraduate open day in Trinity yesterday. The scheme is to be continued in 2009/2010, with the reduced fee of €2000 (up from €1750 last year).

Success!

Advertisement