Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Pizza from Hell!

Options
  • 11-01-2009 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Its not a moaning thread, but the good news is the NZ Pizza chain Hell are opening in Dublin soon. - I've no idea of location yet, but it part of the start of their international franchise.

For veggie lovers, Hell do proper Vegetarian & Vegan pizzas. No explaining to staff, no asking for no cheese and the flavour is amazing.

Here's the vegan one
    Avocado, refried beans, green peppers, jalepenos, onions, tomatoe, salsa, black pepper.

And they have 5 vegetarian options of similar stange but tasty combos.

If I find out location & opening date, I'll post an update.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

mmm... from over in new zealand, all i can say is that if Hell do pizzas half as good back home as they do over here, then you lot are in for a treat :D

5 veggie options, and 1 vegan, absolutely can't go wrong. they're pretty good with gluten free stuff too, and all the bases are wholemeal. nyomnyomnyom :D

heard they're opening in three locations in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Select Stores in Dalkey do a nice tofu vegan pizza and 2 other vegetarian pizzas aswell. It's €3.50 a slice and then they have a salad/smoothie bar and everything there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Really...? This is brilliant!! Vegan pizza... And it sounds divine.

Any idea if they deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's not that type of pizza I'm afraid, you'd buy it on a paper plate and it's maybe a 5x3 inch rectangle shape. They are pre-made and you take them from the fridge so they wouldn't do made to order pizzas the way dominos and that would. Although they DO deliver bags of coal, so maybe you could ask they bring a pizza slice too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Aoifums wrote: »
    Really...? This is brilliant!! Vegan pizza... And it sounds divine.

Any idea if they deliver?

They do in NZ (they have 70 branches there) and I expect they'll deliver here too when they open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

https://hellpizza.co.nz/#i=11

check out the menu... most of the veggie/vegan pizzas are in the gourmet section.. my personal favourite is Damned. man, it's just so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

God that sounds delicious! Wonder if they'll open anywhere else besides Dublin?

Their site is making me hungry. Oh and their Wikipedia page says that the Dublin store will open in February 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

It's going to be on Aungier Street, a couple of doors up from Solas bar. It has a 'sold' sign on the building, one of those auctioneer signs, and on the sign it says 'Going to.....Hell!' :D

missmatty wrote: »
    It's going to be on Aungier Street, a couple of doors up from Solas bar. It has a 'sold' sign on the building, one of those auctioneer signs, and on the sign it says 'Going to.....Hell!' :D

Saw that today - hopefully they'll do well & roll it out around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

As a coeliac vegetarian, all I can say is HOORAY!!! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Any opening date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Has it opened yet? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

Funny I was wondering the same thing today. Took a little stroll up, its on Wexford St next door to paddy powers, but no its not open yet.
    thought it was supposed to open in February?

Hell is opening next week!

Additional outlets won't open til end of year / next year. 30+ outlets are planned by nd of 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

darc wrote: »
    Hell is opening next week!

Additional outlets won't open til end of year / next year. 30+ outlets are planned by nd of 2010.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

cool :)

they seem to be open for business www.hell.ie

Must take herself (the vegan) out for her first decent pizza since we were in NZ!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Aye they ARE open for business, i just walked past the place last night on Wexford St. and it looks really cool inside(except for all the flames:P)like some gothic designer went to town on it:D

If the pizza is anything like the interior design, i'm in for a treat ^-^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Ate there yest- excellent pizza. Baked in a pie tin. The vegan one is mexican flavoured so I got the 'creator' - select your own toppings. Had the Kumara chips too (sweet potatoes) DELICIOUS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Walked past there last night and looks good!

Thanks for the above review - must go there soon!

I'm asking for a free pizza for giving them the publicity!:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Gl with that. :)

Went in today - didn't ask for a freebie!

Herself had sinister (vegan) snack size, I had Mischief snack size (7.5inch) + share of garlic bread + bottle Pinot Grigio.

Total was €36.

If you were hungry, I'd say 3 snack size (€7 / 8 each) between 2 people would be more than enough or one double size if both like same pizza.

What I also like is you can create your own pizza with up to EIGHT toppings for no additional charge.

I dare youse all to go for Hot as Hell chilli option - have water handy!!!

Now please roll them out down the country!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 -seán-

wow! i'l have to try this place!

that vegan pizza in dalkey is from blazing salads i think? tis pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hey seán, whereabouts in Dalkey do they get the blazing salads stuff in? It is a tofu pizza and I would love to know that I could get it locally rather than go into town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Went in here in Saturday - the OH is a coeliac veggie and hadn't had a proper pizza in years, so she was climbing the walls with excitement. We weren't disappointed - thanks for the heads up guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Another positive review here. We had takeout about two weeks ago and it was fabulous. They do dessert pizza also - get it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

guess we will have to eat there, although we usually just make our pizzas ourselves

• Advertisement

daiixi wrote: »
    dessert pizza

Dessert Pizza!!!

What's it like. And is there any chance it's vegan?

Advertisement