Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to do a Postgraduate --- Fees?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi all
    I know that there have been a few people already asking about funding for Postgraduates, but I'm not sure of my situation is the same.
    I graduated in 2006, and since 2007 I have been working in Northern Ireland (& paying UK National Insurance, instead of Irish Tax).
    I have recently decided that I would like to go back to do a Postgraduate course in a Business based Subject.
    Does anyone know, what kind if any funding is available, as I will have to leave my job to do this?
    And because I have been paying National Insurance, am I eligible to apply for any sort of student loan in the North?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

http://www.irchss.ie/schemes/scheme01/index.html

Have funded some business proposals, depending on the subject matter/approach

Your best bet is to contact University departments and research institutes independently. Many advertise supervisor-defined topics with funding and invite applications.

I am not sure if there is an independent funding body that deals with business like IRCHSS/IRCSET

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

dubhdara3 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I know that there have been a few people already asking about funding for Postgraduates, but I'm not sure of my situation is the same.
    I graduated in 2006, and since 2007 I have been working in Northern Ireland (& paying UK National Insurance, instead of Irish Tax).
    I have recently decided that I would like to go back to do a Postgraduate course in a Business based Subject.
    Does anyone know, what kind if any funding is available, as I will have to leave my job to do this?
    And because I have been paying National Insurance, am I eligible to apply for any sort of student loan in the North?

If it is a taught postgrad is some are HEA cofunded. This means you only have to pay 1700 yo yos. Have a look at the course information or the HEA webpages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Sorry, I misread your post - wont help you if you are looking for a taught course.

You might find some tender offers for MLitt projects if you decide to go that route

Advertisement